Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
Sure we want input, of course! But if he has no intention of ever running another active event no matter what changes are made, then I'm not sure why he's opposing any potential changes.

Also, people apparently do care, as people are still running Active events.
Change active ratings any way you want, just don't change my regular rating if I play in game/60 or less.

I will organize tons of active events, I just won't rate them. There is no value in it. Using regular ratings for ranking purposes works just fine for us and I suspect other organizers feel the same way.

If the CFC starts rating blitz, that is fine as well. Again, I wouldn't pay to rate these types of events either. That money could be used in so many other ways.

However, if the CFC ran active or blitz Canadian Championships where the winners would qualify to something outside of Canada, I might have a different view. Otherwise what is the point.

Personally, I think the CFC should concentrate on almost everything else aside from ratings. Screwing around with the rating system will not increase revenues or increase memberships. Spend more time fundraising or on something more productive.