Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motion 2012-Y - Canadian Junior Chess Championship

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    [B][U]
    2. what to do if no one who we deem possibles, wants to attend the World Junior ( too expensive or dangerous a location, etc. )?

Suggestions how we might deal with these two in our proposed motion?

Bob
    If it is too dangerous a location why would anyone want to send a Canadian junior to be right in the middle of that? Why would FIDE choose a dangerous location in the first place?

"Your mission if you decide to accept it is to represent Canada at the World Junior. If you are kidnapped, killed or captured the Executive and Governors will deny all knowledge of you. This tape will self destruct in 30 seconds." Cue kid to ask, "What is a tape?"

I would think that if the destination has a travel warning from either the Canadian or U.S. governments then the junior champion should be able to go to a different tournament with the money that he or she would have received toward the world junior.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    If it is too dangerous a location why would anyone want to send a Canadian junior to be right in the middle of that? Why would FIDE choose a dangerous location in the first place?

"Your mission if you decide to accept it is to represent Canada at the World Junior. If you are kidnapped, killed or captured the Executive and Governors will deny all knowledge of you. This tape will self destruct in 30 seconds." Cue kid to ask, "What is a tape?"

I would think that if the destination has a travel warning from either the Canadian or U.S. governments then the junior champion should be able to go to a different tournament with the money that he or she would have received toward the world junior.
    Vlad,

I completely agree with you!

Moreover, I would think we should attract more players to Canadian Junior.
    It means - to allow Canadian Junior Champion to go to a different tournament, even without a travel warning from either the Canadian or U.S. governments.

What do you think?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123