Thread: 23. Suggested Items for Next Quarterly Meeting

Default 23. Suggested Items for Next Quarterly Meeting

Governors, this is where you present your suggestions for topics for the January Online Meeting.

During the coming three months if you are presenting a motion on the Forum, PLEASE e-mail your text to me ASAP - burying a motion 3 or 4 pages deep in a heated discussion not otherwise labelled MAY get your motion into the next agenda but it is not a safe way to ensure it will so please avoid disappointment (and recriminations) by e-mailing me at secretary@chess.ca
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 09-30-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Blog Entries

I intend to bring a motion that will see the Governor participation in online meetings and voting records made public after each meeting and at the start of May a nice spreadsheet posted publicly so that everyone who is about to vote for new Governors for the next year can see just how much or little they did during the past year.

This is ridiculous. These meetings are not difficult to attend, and even though we've had 58% attendance, it's only been about 8 people doing the actual discussions as far as I've seen, and perhaps 14 have voted so far.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Chris I agree a relatively small number of people have done most of the talking to the motions but I do not think it fair to say only a few voted. As will be seen from the thread on results of votes no motion got less than 26 votes cast.

Now as Secretary I will not be happy until we get 100% turnout but it's clear that nearly everybody who attended the meeting did in fact vote.

Blog Entries

Even 26 is unacceptable in my opinion.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Even 26 is unacceptable in my opinion.
    Making the results of votes public would be a great first step in identifying candidates for removal or replacement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I intend to bring a motion that will see the Governor participation in online meetings and voting records made public after each meeting and at the start of May a nice spreadsheet posted publicly so that everyone who is about to vote for new Governors for the next year can see just how much or little they did during the past year.

This is ridiculous. These meetings are not difficult to attend, and even though we've had 58% attendance, it's only been about 8 people doing the actual discussions as far as I've seen, and perhaps 14 have voted so far.
    I would be willing to second this motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Making the results of votes public would be a great first step in identifying candidates for removal or replacement.
    Votings were not secret and the results (who and how) were published in GLs.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

That's true Egis... but I want there to be an official list, in a nice easy to read chart format, and I want it sent to the provinces along with the Governor allotments each May.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Chris Mallon indicated his intention to bring forward a motion that will see governor activity at meetings documented and publicly reported outside of the traditional GL structure in order to make the information prominent for electors.