Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 22. New Business

Blog Entries

Michael, I couldn't help but notice that you left out that CFC Governors should also not publicly "go after" in any way CFC Members or their relatives...
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Michael, I couldn't help but notice that you left out that CFC Governors should also not publicly "go after" in any way CFC Members or their relatives...
    Christopher,

Could you please show some examples?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Frankly, I think a Governors' Code of Conduct is a non-starter. These codes are usually used to stifle dissent and force conformity.

Lyle wrote:

As far as I know the only people making anything from chess in this country are Jonathan Berry (the pittance he gets from the Globe & Mail) and Larry Bevand (I have no idea how much he makes but he's clearly a chess entrepreneur to some extent).
    There are several CMA teachers in Montreal that have told me (or claimed) that their only income (or almost all) comes from teaching chess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Frankly, I think a Governors' Code of Conduct is a non-starter. These codes are usually used to stifle dissent and force conformity.
    Ken,

If you like dissent for the sake of dissent, you shouldn't be a Governor.
    A Governor supposed to make a positive contribution to the organization.
    If you have some constructive idea, you should convince a majority of Governors that your idea would actually help to develop chess in Canada and change the CFC rules accordingly.

And here is an example of inappropriate Governor's conduct:
    http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...43167#poststop

Neither this post nor consequent "discussion" do anything good for Canadian chess - they only damage public image of Chess Federation of Canada and CFC Executive...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Sorry Michael, I forgot about teachers and coaches - you are of course quite correct.

Lightbulb We don't have time in the CFC for constant dissent and opposition Ken!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Ken,

If you like dissent for the sake of dissent, you shouldn't be a Governor.
    A Governor supposed to make a positive contribution to the organization.
    If you have some constructive idea, you should convince a majority of Governors that your idea would actually help to develop chess in Canada and change the CFC rules accordingly.

And here is an example of inappropriate Governor's conduct:
    http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...43167#poststop

Neither this post nor consequent "discussion" do anything good for Canadian chess - they only damage public image of Chess Federation of Canada and CFC Executive...

I totally agree with you Michael. Ken Craft -- you seem to want to make a habit of disagreeing with everyone and everything all the time -- just because you have the "right" to. How about doing something positive for the CFC like resigning and leaving those who are intereseted in volunteering their time to make a positive contibution to do just that. It will be really nice to not have to waste our time constantly answering your "dissent". You are not the Leader of the Opposition. This is not the House of Commons -- this is the CFC - please help us or let the rest of us help the chess players in Canada -- do the right thing and RESIGN Ken Craft!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
    I totally agree with you Michael. Ken Craft -- you seem to want to make a habit of disagreeing with everyone and everything all the time -- just because you have the "right" to. How about doing something positive for the CFC like resigning and leaving those who are intereseted in volunteering their time to make a positive contibution to do just that. It will be really nice to not have to waste our time constantly answering your "dissent". You are not the Leader of the Opposition. This is not the House of Commons -- this is the CFC - please help us or let the rest of us help the chess players in Canada -- do the right thing and RESIGN Ken Craft!
    Wow seriously? A member of the Executive demanding that a Governor resigns just because there is a disagreement with him? That's ridiculous.

Also, that sorta actually proves his point, by the way. Good job!
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

By the way, will the demand for Ken's resignation make it into the official minutes of the meeting? Should be interesting!
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Wow seriously? A member of the Executive demanding that a Governor resigns just because there is a disagreement with him? That's ridiculous.

Also, that sorta actually proves his point, by the way. Good job!
    Sorry, Christopher, but you missed the point...

Everybody's entitled to his own opinion, but there is a proper time and place to show disagreement.

If a Governor can't accept responsibility for well being of the organization, if he constantly publicly denigrate CFC as organization and CFC Executive personally, he should resign.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast