Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14. CYCC Tie-breaks Motion (Ken Jensen) Motion 2012-B

Default Going around in circles

That's not what I said and its seems to miss the point. I agree that Tie breaks are best applied to players that are tied.

It makes no difference which player it is calculated for. That Performance calculation relies on ratings to be effective, and is flawed when player ratings are not reliable, as is common at a CYCC.

This is going around in circles and I don't think we disagree. The point of this excercise is that you can use the formula you like best.

Ken Jensen

Ken Jensen presented a motion opening the door to the use of statistical tiebreaks at the CYCC. The lack of direction on when tiebreak methods should be announced (i.e. before the event or before the final round) was raised as a concern. Egidijus Zeromskis proposed an amendment to the motion, by which play-offs would be mandatory to determine the top three finishers, but that failed to receive a seconder. The exact order of recommended tiebreaks was also given some discussion, but it was made clear that the arbiter ultimately had leeway as to which tiebreak method(s) to employ.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123