Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10. Affiliate Program Discussion

Blog Entries

I'm just saying Fred... if you don't have the part about tracking affiliates in there for auto-renewals, then it's essentially the same program as before, which was abandoned due to disuse. In some cases, for this very reason.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I'm just saying Fred... if you don't have the part about tracking affiliates in there for auto-renewals, then it's essentially the same program as before, which was abandoned due to disuse. In some cases, for this very reason.
    I think it was simply no longer advertized, but I could be wrong. Everything goes in cycles.

Anybody up for an LTIP Grant ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Personally, I think it's being overly complicated by you guys. You get a percentage on the money you submit. End of the line.

The player renewing on their own is great. I think your model could be simplified by increasing the percentage rebated to 15% to compensate.
    Fred has the right idea. If you send in the money, you get the commission. I have been thinking about being an affiliate myself. I often take cash or cheques from friends at the clubs and sent it in myself as a favour. So why not get a commission. However at 10%, blah, hardly worth it, but 15%, well maybe!

Blog Entries

I think it was simply no longer advertized, but I could be wrong. Everything goes in cycles.
    Even if it's no longer advertised, everyone who WAS using it still stopped.

Of course in the old days I believe they also got a magazine subscription.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

I would be willing to put forward a motion:

CFC Club Affiliate: For $60 / year, a club (or other organization) can be affiliated with the CFC and receive a rebate of 15% on all full CFC membership fees and 5% on tournament membership fees collected and submitted within 7 days.

I'm willing to have this reworded. I'm also willing to negotiate on whether $60 is the right price or not (it would probably have to include HST/GST - or that could be an add-on).

Bob G. Want to second this ?

Blog Entries

I don't see why we should encourage tournament memberships, personally.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
    Dutton Chess Club on Bayview was an affiliate for years -- as was the SCC.

It is of great benefit -- the organization breaks even after about 20 CFC memberships sold in a year.

So... if an individual organizer or club or organization sells more than 20 memberships per year, it is a worthwhile Program to have.

The program also provides greater incentive to TD's to "UP-Sell" the tournament membership fee to a full 1 year membership.
    As an Organizer/TD who brings in at least 20 a year, I would like Organizers/TDs included!

CFC Club Affiliate: For $60 / year, a club (or other organization) can be affiliated with the CFC and receive a rebate of 15% on all full CFC membership fees and 5% on tournament membership fees collected and submitted within 7 days.

I'm willing to have this reworded. I'm also willing to negotiate on whether $60 is the right price or not (it would probably have to include HST/GST - or that could be an add-on).

Bob G. Want to second this ?
    As Aris points out, organizers/arbiters may wish to affiliate themselves. I'd stick with "CFC Affiliate," as opposed to "CFC Club Affiliate." Commission in the 10-20% range sounds right, but, as a former user of the program, I'd love to hear Mark's thoughts. Maybe even 15% is too modest. I think I'd also tend to agree with Chris regarding the inclusion of tournament membership fees.

Are we convinced re-implementing this program will generate more revenue?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael von Keitz View Post
    As Aris points out, organizers/arbiters may wish to affiliate themselves. I'd stick with "CFC Affiliate," as opposed to "CFC Club Affiliate." Commission in the 10-20% range sounds right, but, as a former user of the program, I'd love to hear Mark's thoughts. Maybe even 15% is too modest. I think I'd also tend to agree with Chris regarding the inclusion of tournament membership fees.
    I called it CFC Club Affiliate, because otherwise it seemed to be getting confused with Provincial affiliate. It can be spelled out that individuals can qualify as a "club".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast