Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Junior Chess and the " Residency " Restriction

Default Thank you Ken

This PanAM/CYCC/WYCC issue is black mark on the CFC. The CFC cannot pay for PanAms and Continentals but we should at least be thanking players who represent Canada internationally at these events.

If somebody wants to go to the WYCC on their own dime let them go.

Canada has always had one of the largest groups going to the WYCC. Without paying customers from countries like Canada the tournament cannot be successfully organized. The CFC has always had a permissive policy on WYCC participation.

What we did here helps nobody and is frankly counter productive.

Default Motions Passed

At the 2011 Fall Meeting, Motion 2012-A above was split into 2 parts.

Motion 2012-A1 only dealt with removal of the 1 year residency restriction on permanent resident juniors [ only subparagraphs e) & h) ].

The motion passed:

YES (18) Bob Armstrong, Christopher Field, Egidijus Zeromskis, Fred McKim, Halldor P. Palsson, Hugh Brodie, Ilia Bluvshtein, Ken Craft, Kevin Pacey, Lyle Craver, Lynn Stringer, Mark S. Dutton, I.A., Michael Barron, Nikolay Noritsyn, Peter Stockhausen, Pierre Dénommée, Vladimir Birarov, Vladimir Drkulec

NO (5) Christopher Mallon, Ellen Nadeau, Ken Jensen, Paul Leblanc, Rob Clark

ABSTAIN (3) Bob Gillanders, Michael von Keitz, Vlad Rekhson

Motion 2012-A2, dealing with all the " housekeeping " amendments also passed:

YES (22) Bob Armstrong Bob Gillanders Christopher Field Christopher Mallon Egidijus Zeromskis Ellen Nadeau Fred McKim Halldor P. Palsson Ilia Bluvshtein Ken Craft Ken Einarsson Ken Jensen Kevin Pacey Lyle Craver Lynn Stringer Mark S. Dutton, I.A. Michael Barron Nikolay Noritsyn Patrick McDonald Paul Leblanc Pierre Dénommée Valer Eugen Demian Vladimir Birarov Vladimir Drkulec

NO (1) Vlad Rekhson

ABSTAIN (5) Hugh Brodie Michael von Keitz Peter Stockhausen Simon Ong

Bob A
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 10-13-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Question Why you're a Governor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Michael, just to be clear. I will say what I want, where I want, when I want and how I want on CFC issues. If you think some issues should be discussed in private that is your prerogative.

I think you have acted shamefully in the whole Pan Am/CYCC/WYCC issue. This isn't only restricted to the release of private emails.
    Ken,

I could say the same about you:
    I think you have acted shamefully in the whole Pan Am/CYCC/WYCC issue, and not only in this issue.

Of course, you could say what you want, where you want, when you want and how you want on CFC issues.
    But your choice leads to the question:
    What do you want?

Do you want to do something good for Canadian chess?
    Or do you want only to denigrate CFC Officers and the CFC as organization?

If so, why you're a CFC Governor?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Do you want to do something good for Canadian chess?
    Yes Mr. Ken wants something very good for Canadian Chess. You got that right Mr. Barron. He is trying to accomplish it here, but certain individuals from CFC office are stopping him from that.

We are still waiting for that apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    If so, why you're a CFC Governor?
    Mr. Barron, are you forcing Ken to resign, because he is trying to do a good thing??? This is very shameful of you to say such a thing.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011