Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Junior Chess and the " Residency " Restriction

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Ken: Nobody was opposed to this decision at that time.
    Mr. Barron explicitly opposed it at 2011 Canadian Closed, when I privately spoke to him in Guelph. At the time I was trying to get a permission for a letter for Pan-Am games. It was required by Pan-American organizers.

Not only he did gave ultimatum, to boycott Pan-Am games, he even refused to write a letter. As a result, he did not write up a letter, even though it was hi job. CFC secretary did, and I thank him for that.

Why do you think Mikhail is complaining now ?
    Fred, we are raising a 'critical issue' here, and waiting for fair resolution from CFC executives.
    Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; 09-30-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Fred, it doesn't matter if the families agreed at the time. They were given no choice other than to agree. Why is the element of coercion in this not obvious to executive members? Could someone have said I want to go to the Pan Ams and to the WYCC? They weren't given that option. Instead they were told if you go to the Pan Ams you forfeit any opportunity to attend the WYCC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
    Ok, instead of using democratic, which make sense I will use a simpler world. How 'FAIR' election? Does this make sense now.

If most CFC members voted against this, there would not be discussion here now, and I would not be brining this up.

So, lets get some facts straight here. Who voted for not sending a team to Pan-Am games?-> CFC officials. How is this NOT a conflict of interest, when decision was made?
    I still am not seeing how a poll on Chesstalk constitutes CFC members voting. Many (most?) active people on CT are NOT CFC members for one thing. There are numerous other things wrong with the suggestion as well.

Your claim of conflict of interest by CFC officials... I don't really understand. It's not like they benefited in any way from the decision. Perhaps you will enlighten us. The only person involved in this who could have conflict of interest would actually be you, if you were a CFC Governor.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Fred, it doesn't matter if the families agreed at the time. They were given no choice other than to agree. Why is the element of coercion in this not obvious to executive members? Could someone have said I want to go to the Pan Ams and to the WYCC? They weren't given that option. Instead they were told if you go to the Pan Ams you forfeit any opportunity to attend the WYCC.
    The families were told that the Pan Ams were not considered extraordinary circumstances... how exactly is that coercion? You can disagree with the decision but let's not make it into something it's not.

Extraordinary circumstances are normally things like funerals or surgery or something like that. I can see the argument for extending that to "Pan Ams scheduled at the same time" but it's only an argument, it's not like attending the Pan Am games is a human right.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    The families were told that the Pan Ams were not considered extraordinary circumstances..
    They were ‘told’, not given a choice to object or vote on this matter. ‘Told’ is very dictatorial! I do not understand why you keep bringing this point back???

Extraordinary circumstances are normally things like funerals or surgery or something like that. .
    You claim of extraordinary circumstances and things like funerals or surgery …..I do not quite understand. You are CFC Governor for Ontario – SWOCL, where CFC stands for Canadian Chess Federation. So, BIG events like World and Pan-Am games are DIRECTLY related to 'Canada' and 'Chess'. Following events are ‘Extraordinary circumstances’, and should be of great importance to CFC.

Sorry, but point you are trying to make in this case, is completely irrelevant here. Please stick to the topic and try to resolve this issue.
    Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; 09-30-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
    They were ‘told’, not given a choice to object or vote on this matter. ‘Told’ is very dictatorial! I do not understand why you keep bringing this point back???
    It is only dictatorial if it was done by one person and without potential consequences. That is not the case here.

You claim of extraordinary circumstances and things like funerals or surgery …..I do not quite understand. You are CFC Governor for Ontario – SWOCL, where CFC stands for Canadian Chess Federation. So, BIG events like World and Pan-Am games are related to 'Canadian' and 'Chess'. Following events are ‘Extraordinary circumstances’, and should be of great importance to CFC.
    That's your opinion. That is not supported in any legal way, unless you can prove otherwise?

Sorry, but point you are trying to make in this case, is completely irrelevant here. Please stick to the topic and try to resolve this issue.
    You're telling ME to stick to the topic? You're the one who hijacked this thread, which was not actually about this topic. Plus, my points are completely relevant to what we are discussing, you just don't like them.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

I still am not seeing how a poll on Chesstalk constitutes CFC members voting..
    All CFC has to do is give it try!

There are numerous other things wrong with the suggestion as well.
    Please clarify them to us. We are all dying to hear them, but please valid points only this time!

The final decision to boycott Pan-Am with direct involvment of CFC Youth Coodrinator, created direct colflict of interest for anadian Canadian youth players .
    Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; 09-30-2011 at 04:13 PM.

You're telling ME to stick to the topic? You're the one who hijacked this thread, which was not actually about this topic. Plus, my points are completely relevant to what we are discussing, you just don't like them.
    I am simply suggesting Chris. I can't tell anymore what you're mad about anymore. Your posts have devolved into nothing but personal attacks, and there is anger in your voice. If this coninues, I will have to ignore you post from now on. Maybe you need a break, and we can continue to discuss this critical case like civilized people, at a later time.

That's your opinion. That is not supported in any legal way, unless you can prove otherwise?.
    Yes, everyone entitled to their own opinior. So now, do you see why public pole is NEEDED. Let the voting begin!
    Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; 09-30-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries

There are no votes by CFC members as a whole or by Chesstalk readers (with respect to CFC matters).

Continuing to suggest we need to do this, is simply weakening your case. As I've told you, you need to get the support of the CFC Governors. The fact that they start meeting tomorrow is a fortuitous event for you.

If you can't find any Governors to bring your case forward, then I think even you can agree it's time to give up.

There are no votes by CFC members as a whole or by Chesstalk readers (with respect to CFC matters).
    Maybe CFC should try, to strengthen its reputation and build very good relationship between CFC Executives and its members!

If you can't find any Governors to bring your case forward, then I think even you can agree it's time to give up.
    So you suggesting me, its time to give up? Sorry to hear that, but this is just your opinion, but this it only your opinion.

CFC refusal to look at all the facts, and looking as a whole picture is simply weakening its reputation with CFC members. I am very saddened to hear, that CFC is taking this path.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast