Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Junior Chess and the " Residency " Restriction

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    There are no votes by CFC members as a whole or by Chesstalk readers (with respect to CFC matters).

Continuing to suggest we need to do this, is simply weakening your case. As I've told you, you need to get the support of the CFC Governors. The fact that they start meeting tomorrow is a fortuitous event for you.

If you can't find any Governors to bring your case forward, then I think even you can agree it's time to give up.
    Although I am no longer a Governor, I can only begin to imagine the gamut of motions that might be proposed:

1. allow anyone to go the WYCC
    2. allow one specific person to go the WYCC
    3. conduct all CFC business via polls on Chesstalk
    etc

I think Fred is correct: get a Governor to bring forward a motion or work to get the Youth regulations changed (and hope the Executive at the time continue to enforce the rules whether or not they are in your favour.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
    Maybe CFC should try, to strengthen its reputation and build very good relationship between CFC Executives and its members!

So you suggesting me, its time to give up? Sorry to hear that, but this is just your opinion, but this it only your opinion.

CFC refusal to look at all the facts, and looking as a whole picture is simply weakening its reputation with CFC members. I am very saddened to hear, that CFC is taking this path.
    Mikhail, despite not agreeing with you, I have chosen to give you some advice as to how best to proceed. I can't help it if you choose to ignore it and continue to make silly suggestions that simply can't happen.

Blog Entries

Yes, everyone entitled to their own opinior. So now, do you see why public pole is NEEDED. Let the voting begin!
    Go ahead and start one then, if you think it won't make you seem foolish.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Mikhail, despite not agreeing with you, I have chosen to give you some advice as to how best to proceed. I can't help it if you choose to ignore it and continue to make silly suggestions that simply can't happen.
    Unfortunately your advice does not offer fair solution, and creates conflict of interest. It only matters what the Executives think. Looks like only majority of that disagree were present. Kerry Liles backed it up with his recent post. I wonder what is the real point of bringing it up to a meeting, that is conducted in dictatorial way? This was proven, where Ken Craft was forced to resign from CFC organization.

I wonder what would the result would be, if open poll was conducted democratic way?

This was proven, where Ken Craft was forced to resign from CFC organization.
    Mikhail, Ken was not forced to resign. He remains Governor for New Brunswick.

I wonder who could force me to resign. The story is a member of the current executive called for my resignation. Some people don't like what I have to say on issues. Pity!

Unfortunately your advice does not offer fair solution, and creates conflict of interest. It only matters what the Executives think. Looks like only majority of that disagree were present. Kerry Liles backed it up with his recent post. I wonder what is the real point of bringing it up to a meeting, that is conducted in dictatorial way? This was proven, where Ken Craft was forced to resign from CFC organization.

I wonder what would the result would be, if open poll was conducted democratic way?
    Mikhail: please note that I am not a CFC Governor - just a CFC member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    I wonder who could force me to resign. The story is a member of the current executive called for my resignation. Some people don't like what I have to say on issues. Pity!
    Hi Ken,

My appologies. CFC does not ,that power yet. They probably will soon enough. I completely agree with you, it is really pity.

You are obviously doing something right, if they calling for your resignation.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    ... Some people don't like what I have to say on issues. Pity!
    Sorry, Ken, but you're misrepresenting the facts again...

The problem is not what you say on issues,
    the problem is how and where you choose to discuss CFC issues...

Are you the same person who complained about email quoting here?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Michael, just to be clear. I will say what I want, where I want, when I want and how I want on CFC issues. If you think some issues should be discussed in private that is your prerogative.

I think you have acted shamefully in the whole Pan Am/CYCC/WYCC issue. This isn't only restricted to the release of private emails.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast