Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerning extra players representing CANADA at 2011 WYCC in Brazil

Hi Hal,

I really wish you, would not have said that: “How principled is it to allow wealthier families to bypass the CYCC, pay the penalties and their own expenses and attend the WYCC?”. So, if you wealthy you can’t go to WYCC? Is it a crime now days?

All I see a talented young girl, who recently got her WCM title for her accomplishments for winning 2009 North American Youth Championship in Mexico. She is eager to play and very ambitions to win WYCC title for team Canada. How principled is that not to allow talented girl and top in her country not to go???

By skipping to CYCC to ‘EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES’, she allowed another girl Constance Wang to join WYCC team. Is

Just wondering!!!

Not only will the CFC lose $300 if they do not let this individual attend the WYCC, they also will not be receiving a donation to the Olympic Fund from me. I urge others who oppose the Executive's decision to consider withholding their donations as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Not only will the CFC lose $300 if they do not let this individual attend the WYCC, they also will not be receiving a donation to the Olympic Fund from me. I urge others who oppose the Executive's decision to consider withholding their donations as well.
    Ken: I think a more positive use of your energy would be to start a campaign to join the Executive next year.

Hello everyone.

I apologize for rushing this. The deadline is September 25, and 10 days away. Is it possible for this case be put into vote by executives/governors? If, this case is approved and Dora is allowed to go, it will give Patrick (Youth coordinator) enough time to add Dora to the WYCC list. I believe we already have one official vote: Peter McKillop.

Peter,

Thanks for voting yes!

Mikhail

Blog Entries

Wow Ken. Not only will you resort to blackmail, but you want to start a campaign that will not actually even hurt anyone on the Exec, it will only hurt the Olympiad teams - who are innocent and unrelated parties in all of this. Might want to think that through a little bit more.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
    Hello everyone.

I apologize for rushing this. The deadline is September 25, and 10 days away. Is it possible for this case be put into vote by executives/governors? If, this case is approved and Dora is allowed to go, it will give Patrick (Youth coordinator) enough time to add Dora to the WYCC list. I believe we already have one official vote: Peter McKillop.

Peter,

Thanks for voting yes!

Mikhail
    I don't believe Peter is a Governor...
    The Executive has already made a decision.

I don't see how a motion can be forwarded and voted on outside the normal cycle (or whether such action would be permitted), but it might be interesting for the Executive to see what the Governors feel about this issue. Perhaps a vote (straw poll?) on the Governor's board might be insightful - provided enough Governors are paying attention and a high number of them vote in the poll.

Peter,

Thanks for voting yes!

Mikhail
    Sorry, Mikhail, but Kerry's right. It's been almost 10 years since I was a governor. If I could vote, I would vote to allow the young lady to attend the WYCC. I hope your efforts are successful.

Regards,

Not blackmail at all, Chris. A simple statement that decisions have consequences. The Federation lost a substantial donation from me last Olympiad over the manner in which selection for the National Team took place. The Olympiad before (2008) I made large donation.

Keeping your sponsors happy is an important part of managing a national sporting federation.

By skipping to CYCC to ‘EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES’, she allowed another girl Constance Wang to join WYCC team
    This is too much, Mikhail. Dora allowed Constance Wang to join WYCC team. Wow!!! We all, probably, should be thankful to Dora for not playing in CYCC.
    Constance is a brilliant chess player, and she doesn't need Dora's absence to win CYCC. I'd suggest you to apologize before Constance and her parents for your comment.

And once again, Dora's parents were fully aware what they are doing when decided to send her to PanAm. I, personally, heard from her mother that they did it because they don't have plans to go to WYCC this year. I'm not discussing how good rules are. I'm just saying all 3 families, who went to PanAm, were OK with this rules back in July. I also know at least one family, who thought to send their kid to PamAm but changed their mind when understood the circumstances. So, how ethical will it be to bend these rules now for one family?

Not blackmail at all, Chris. A simple statement that decisions have consequences. The Federation lost a substantial donation from me last Olympiad over the manner in which selection for the National Team took place. The Olympiad before (2008) I made large donation.

Keeping your sponsors happy is an important part of managing a national sporting federation.
    Hey Dave, wanna grab a beer and a sandwich after the game on Saturday?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast