Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 CYCC Surplus - Resolution

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    Thanks Michael. I hope I was not the only one who did not realize the CYCC always generates a profit! Of course, the questions about where that goes are important and I guess we will see soon from the report.
    It would be hard to see with those huge entry fees how it could not generate a profit. It doesn't always generate a surplus for the organizers because they have to make large commitments to the CFC in order to secure the bid.

Default financial transparency

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    It would be hard to see with those huge entry fees how it could not generate a profit. It doesn't always generate a surplus for the organizers because they have to make large commitments to the CFC in order to secure the bid.
    Vlad,

I would say the CFC always generates a surplus for the organizers, they just not always provide financial report - like it was done this year:
    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

We're still waiting for CFC Youth Program financial report promised by Bob Gillanders at the AGM...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    We're still waiting for CFC Youth Program financial report promised by Bob Gillanders at the AGM...
    Yes yes Michael.....I will get to it after a little R&R, no need to keep reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Yes yes Michael.....I will get to it after a little R&R, no need to keep reminding me.
    Thank you, Bob!
    Could you please let us know:
    When could we expect the report?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

This is turning into public badgering, Michael.

As a member of youth commettee I would be happy to see Mr. Gilander's report about 2010. Almost 2 months after AGM. Enough. Report supposes to take less then 1 hour. Or we can go to 2007 case - if somebody wants it?

An association of chess parents has been around in Mexico for a long time, but this English Chess Parents Guild might bump them from the attention of non-speakers of Spanish.
    JMS+ 1 p1.

As usual I don't understand Mr. Berry. Probably he is too smart for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    As usual I don't understand Mr. Berry. Probably he is too smart for me.
    I must admit that I often fail to understand some or all of his posts... however, in this case, I think he was wondering if having an association of Parents of chess-playing kids might be worthwhile? If you read the "about" information at the link he provided:

http://www.chessparents.org.uk/?page_id=4

you will see this:

"Similar to good schools having active parent teacher associations, national-level chess can now benefit from organised parents. Our mission is simply to support youth chess in England. We are also prepared to support youth chess in other areas of the United Kingdom, should parents there so desire." etc

I do not know if an association of chess parents would be contributing to the problem or the solution... I also look forward to the report on the CYCC surplus resolution...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    I also look forward to the report on the CYCC surplus resolution...
    Actually Kerry, Victor and Michael are waiting for a report for 2010. It is coming, I have 90% of it since it is based on the budget done by Michael last year. What I do need is some time with Gerry to finalize the report. As I stated earlier, I put it on the back burner for a bit. August is always a very busy time for the CFC office, mainly due to the WYCC preparations. And this year, there is an additional workload due to the transition to the new website, learning curve and all that good stuff.

Patrick and Gerry are very busy now with preparations for the WYCC. It is a big job for them both, and this year we have an extraordinary large group. I don't want to sidetrack them with my demands at this time.

There is no urgency for the 2010 report, but I haven't forgotten it. Also, we will be giving a full report on 2011 once the WYCC is finished. Better, more detailed and transparent youth program reports going forward is the plan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast