Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Other CFC Executive Candidates?

Default Other CFC Executive Candidates?

Other CFC Executive Candidates?

So far we have 3 Presidential Candidates ( Archambault, Denommee, von Keitz ), one Treasurer Candidate ( McKim - who is willing to take a different position if CFC wants him to ), and one Past President Candidate who says he'll stay on ( Gillanders ).

Are any of the other existing Executive intending to run again?

Are there any other candidates for other executive positions?

If Candidates want to take advantage of Proxies, they had better declare soon, since apparently 2010/1 GL # 4 is imminent, which will contain the proxy forms for non-attending governors to complete.

Bob

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Other CFC Executive Candidates?

So far we have 3 Presidential Candidates ( Archambault, Denommee, von Keitz ), one Treasurer Candidate ( McKim - who is willing to take a different position if CFC wants him to ), and one Past President Candidate who says he'll stay on ( Gillanders ).

Are any of the other existing Executive intending to run again?

Are there any other candidates for other executive positions?

If Candidates want to take advantage of Proxies, they had better declare soon, since apparently 2010/1 GL # 4 is imminent, which will contain the proxy forms for non-attending governors to complete.

Bob
    I don't know if any have said it on the boards, but I'm under the impression that Mark, Lyle, Hal, and Michael are all prepared to run again.

I'd like to hear if any of the potential Presidential candidates are interested in running for a different seat should they lose their presidential bid. I know I harbour no ill will if anyone decides to run for Treasurer, as I have all sorts of other things on my plate I can soak up the lost Executive time with.

You can nominate me as a Quebec Governor.

If I am not elected as President, you can nominate me as Vice-President, Tournament Coordinator and Rating Auditor.

Irrespective of my election to another office, you can nominate me to the National Appeals Committee.

Arrow CONTINUITY of present Executive could see 6 of 7 returning for 2nd term if re-elected

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I don't know if any have said it on the boards, but I'm under the impression that Mark, Lyle, Hal, and Michael are all prepared to run again.

I'd like to hear if any of the potential Presidential candidates are interested in running for a different seat should they lose their presidential bid. I know I harbour no ill will if anyone decides to run for Treasurer, as I have all sorts of other things on my plate I can soak up the lost Executive time with.
    I agree with Fred's post that everyone on the current Executive (with the exception of the incumbent President) will stand for re-election. That should provide a good continuity with 6 of 7 returning (if elected).

I am happy to see we have volunteers for other positions including the National Appeals Committee.

I will stand for re-election and also agree to serve if asked as Head of the National Appeals Committee.

With the extra interest in positions, we should try to get some volunteers for the ethics committee and other positions that need to be filled.

---------------------------------------------------------
    We hope to see all interested CFC members attend the AGM and get involved in helping serve the Chess Federation of Canada!

Monday, July 11

9:00-17:00 Dockside 7
    Chess Federation of Canada Annual Meeting, Day 1

Tuesday, July 12

9:00-17:00 Dockside 7
    Chess Federation of Canada Annual Meeting, Day 2

Are the incumbents going to interact with members on the CFC site and Chesstalk this year if re-elected? Will they also be interacting more with Governors on the Governors site this year? Frankly, it appears that Fred and Bob were the only two executive members who regularly interacted with the membership on the discussion boards this year.

Blog Entries

I'm willing to continue as discussion board administrator, as well as on the National Appeals Committee.

Blog Entries

Speaking of which, since at least two of the three Presidential candidates are also candidates for the NAC... is it appropriate for the President to be on the NAC, considering that they lead the Executive which is the final avenue for appeal ABOVE the NAC?

I am willing to stand as a CFC Governor from Quebec.

I am also willing to stand as a (continuing) member of the Chess Foundation Committee (if my position is up for election).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Speaking of which, since at least two of the three Presidential candidates are also candidates for the NAC... is it appropriate for the President to be on the NAC, considering that they lead the Executive which is the final avenue for appeal ABOVE the NAC?
    I'm sure we can find an extra person for the NAC if needed.

Either executive members should not be on NAC or they should recuse themselves if the executive is hearing an appeal of a NAC decision.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast