Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Candidate for CFC President

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Clark View Post
    Hi all,

I spent a couple hours last night talking to Mike about his proposed system. .....
    Rob Clark
    well, he did manage to paint a bright red target on himself :-).

Although I think the particular idea does not fit for most of Canada, I do believe that the CFC needs fundamental and radical change and a serious evaluation of what it wants to and can accomplish within the resources and current environment it now faces. Not so sure what that change should be but certainly a presidential candidate with some vision, good or bad, is something we need. The status quo with incremental changes is probably just not good enough.

The problem with a radical vision though, is that it is easy to criticize and block.

Well, he has gotten it wrong on moving to a club based membership, wrong on relations with Quebec and wrong on FIDE ratings, from my point of view.

I'm not feeling a lot of confidence about this candidate, at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Well, he has gotten it wrong on moving to a club based membership, wrong on relations with Quebec and wrong on FIDE ratings, from my point of view.

I'm not feeling a lot of confidence about this candidate, at this point in time.
    First of all, I would like to thank Rob Clark whole-heartedly for his encouragement and support. My intention is to contact every governor privately in the near future, to provide a one-on-one forum for those unconvinced. I hope you will take the opportunity to engage me in a dialogue, Ken.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678