Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (read) Access to Governor's forum

Default The Value of 2 Governors' Forums

Hi Chris:

The idea of a public archive for governors' discussion threads goes part of the way. It at least allows members AFTER THE FACT, to find out why the governors voted as they did.

But the idea of a " view only " governors' forum is that members could see the governors' discussion taking place at the time, BEFORE A VOTE. They could then post on the issues here in the public forum, debate them among themselves ( and maybe with the participation of the governors themselves, here on this board ), and maybe develop further input, which members could then pass on to their governors, before the vote. It would allow ordinary members to try to influence the positions of their governors BEFORE A VOTE. This would give the ordinary members more sense of ownership of the organization, and would build a stronger allegiance to the CFC.

I agree there would have to be a second " confidential " governors' forum for the rare confidential debates.

Bob

Default Value of 2 Governors' Forums

Posted on ChessTalk 08/08/21:

" Hi Ken:

According to the by-laws of the CFC, the Governors run the CFC, not the Executive ( you have read my article previously in SCTCN&V setting this out ).

So all that is needed for a " view only " governors' board is a MOTION.

You have tried to talk the Executive into this option and have failed. So no one can blame you for now confronting the Executive with a motion to get what the governors want.

Bob "

I agree that in this case, the motion should also set up a second " confidential " governors' forum, for those rare occasions where they need privacy before going public.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12