Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The CCC Post ( Week of May 27 – June 2/11 ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Hi Ken:

There are 2 governor " members " and 2 governor " supporters " ( strongly support the CCC goals and actions, but for various reasons cannot be formal " members " ). We governor participants are trying to work with ordinary members to increase member involvement in the CFC, and other chess structures.

In all the group is small: 14 members and 7 supporters. But we feel we are being effective - we have a motion on the Toronto July AGM agenda, and are raising issues for the governors/executive to consider.

Bob, CCC Coordinator
    I just know I am gonna regret asking, but......in the interests of transparency, democracy, and all that good stuff, would you care to tell us the names of your band of 21 freedom fighters.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Considering joining, Bob G. ?

Default CCC Members/Supporters " Outed " !

Hi Bob G:

The Cooperative Chess Coalition ( CCC ) is pleased you are interested!

“ Members ” ( 14 )

Bob Armstrong – Feb./ 11
    Ken Kurkowski – Feb./ 11
    Pino Verde – Feb./ 11
    Erwin Casareno – Feb./ 11
    David Broughton – Feb./ 11
    Jerry Kitich – Feb./11
    Greg Beal – Feb. / 11
    Josh Guo – March/11
    Hassan Pishdad – March/11
    Michael Perez – March/11
    Haqi al Ganabi – March/11
    Sam Sharpe – April/11
    Anna Jin – May/11
    Will Rutherdale – May/11

“ Supporters “ ( interested; will give feedback; may still be considering joining ) ( 7 )

Steve Karpik – Feb./ 11
    Alex Ferreira – Feb./ 11
    Fred McKim – March /11
    Michael Beatty – March/11
    Chris Field – March/11
    Tony Ficzere – April/11
    Victor Itkin – May/11

You indicated when we first contacted you some time about our group, that you'd put off consideration of joining until your term as CFC President had ended. We look forward to you seriously reviewing our postion papers and activities to date. We hope you will consider joining!

If anyone would like more info on CCC, just e-mail: coopchesscoalit@gmail.com .

In case you may find it of interest, CCC has a fairly regular internal newsletter, containing information on what has been happening with the group, issues for discussion and general updating. This is our main tool for internal communication, though sometimes we do shoot e-mails around from time to time.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 06-05-2011 at 11:43 PM.

You indicated when we first contacted you some time about our group, that you'd put off consideration of joining until your term as CFC President had ended.
    While that maybe true, it is not the whole story. I did express serious reservations about your position paper #1. Leaving the impression that I am ready to join CCC once my Presidency is over is at least, misleading.

Let the negotiations begin...

Hi Bob G:

I didn't say you were going to join, but that you were going to " consider " it, which is what I understood you to tell me. But if it was misleading, sorry - it wasn't intentional. Still hope the benefits of joining outweigh the reservations, when you come to consider it. We'd love to have you join our happy little group of " freedom fighters ".

Bob

...when you come to consider it. We'd love to have you join our happy little group of " freedom fighters ".
    Bob
    Well maybe, we can talk in 36 days.
    Or, maybe you'll decide to join my new group instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12