View Poll Results: Motion 2011-M: Pan-American YCC and North American YCC Qualification Rules

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes to 2011-M1 (Jin / Armstrong)

4 16.67%
  • Yes to 2011-M2 (Barron / Birarov)

8 33.33%
  • Abstain

2 8.33%
  • No to both motions

10 41.67%

Thread: 32b. "The Voting Booth" Motion 2011-M PA-YCC and NAYCC Qualification Rules

Default 32b. "The Voting Booth" Motion 2011-M PA-YCC and NAYCC Qualification Rules

As per the President's instructions, both the original Jin and later Barron proposal (which the President has ruled to be a separate motion in its own right rather than simply an amendment) are to go to Governors for voting. Governors should vote Yes to one or the other or Abstain

These motions are:

Motion 2011-M1 – Pan-American YCC and North American YCC Representatives

Moved: Anna Jin; Seconded: Bob Armstrong

That section 10 of the CFC Handbook, Rules of procedure for The Canadian Youth Championship Tournaments, section 1012, Participation in World Events, be amended by adding as a paragraph to subsection ( a ), after the words “ the order of finish “, the following:
    If the World YCC , and/or the Pan-American YCC, and/or the North-American YCC occur before the same year’s Canadian YCC, then the official players’ selection will be: the highest CFC-rated player from each section as of two months before the event date.

Motion 2011-M2: Moved Michael Barron; Seconded: Vladimir Birarov
    That section 10 of the CFC Handbook, Rules of procedure for The Canadian Youth Championship Tournaments, section 1012, Participation in World Events, be amended to read:

Definitions
    Cycle - period of time between consecutive CYCCs
    Qualified players - placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd at most recent CYCC, if their result was at least 50%.

Rules
    1. Qualified players are chosen to be official representatives during the cycle in the following order:
    1st place in the same age category
    2nd place in the same age category
    3rd place in the same age category

2. When a player exercises his/her right to be an official representative, he/she moves to the end of the list, and could be chosen again, after other 2 qualified players exercise their right or decline to participate at the event under consideration.

3. If all qualified players in a category decline to participate at the event or move to the older age category before the end of the cycle, the best available player should be selected by the following criteria:

(a) Highest FIDE rating

(b) Highest CFC rating

4. All official players should be CFC members in good standing.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry Lyle, you are missing an option. I wish to vote NO to both.

Default NO option

I agree with Chris.
    Lyle, is it possible to add the option "NO to both Mothions"? Hopefully, it is not too late...By now only 3 people have voted...

As requested I have added 'no to both motions' as a voting option.

I had thought a vote to 'Abstain' accomplished this but I see Mr Bluvshtein's point.