Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20. New CFC Website - Update – Fred McKim

Default 20. New CFC Website - Update – Fred McKim

Please post the Website report here

Blog Entries

Default Web Site News

We can make this a bit of a question and answer session if people like.

For various reasons the Web Site public launch is now scheduled for May 25. While some people may be upset it's taking so long, I think the important thing is getting what we paid for. We spent a lot of time on the Project Outline, making sure we could get the most out of the project that we could.

Earlier this week we approved the Creative Design for the front end. I think everybody will really like this when they see it.

The sections on the front page include: a main menu along the top of the screen and clickable sections each taking up perhaps 5-10% of the page on: About CFC, Upcoming Tournaments, Equipment Store, Check your Ratings, Player Rating Search (Top Ratings), View Crosstables, Photo(s), Latest News, Who's Who (player bios), Discussion Board, and Contact Information.

The main menu selections includes: Home, About Us, Store, Ratings, Players Info, CFC Info, News, History, Who's Who, and Misc.

Blog Entries

Post Promising

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    We can make this a bit of a question and answer session if people like.

For various reasons the Web Site public launch is now scheduled for May 25. While some people may be upset it's taking so long, I think the important thing is getting what we paid for. We spent a lot of time on the Project Outline, making sure we could get the most out of the project that we could.

Earlier this week we approved the Creative Design for the front end. I think everybody will really like this when they see it.

The sections on the front page include: a main menu along the top of the screen and clickable sections each taking up perhaps 5-10% of the page on: About CFC, Upcoming Tournaments, Equipment Store, Check your Ratings, Player Rating Search (Top Ratings), View Crosstables, Photo(s), Latest News, Who's Who (player bios), Discussion Board, and Contact Information.

The main menu selections includes: Home, About Us, Store, Ratings, Players Info, CFC Info, News, History, Who's Who, and Misc.
    Everything sounds very promising! Of course we cannot talk much without seeing it first... Can we see jpg images of some of the pages?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valer Eugen Demian View Post
    Everything sounds very promising! Of course we cannot talk much without seeing it first... Can we see jpg images of some of the pages?
    I'll see if I can release the front page mock up before the end of the meeting.

I have to admit that I think it's great, but it only takes one person crapping on it at this stage to make life miserable for the next 7 weeks.

Thanks for the update, Fred! I jumped the gun a little in one of the previous threads. I do agree with Valer - it would be nice to get a preview, if possible.

Maybe we should have the new web site released to the Governors only a week or two in advance (of the general public), and let them go through it with suggestions, bug reports, etc.

Thumbs up

In the real world that's called 'beta testing'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    Maybe we should have the new web site released to the Governors only a week or two in advance (of the general public), and let them go through it with suggestions, bug reports, etc.
    There is a one week "Client Review", ending one week before the launch on May 25 (presumably to give them a chance to correct anything found).

I would think those Governors who are keen on kicking the tires will be invited to help out.

Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    Count me in!
    And me too!
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast