Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 Motion 2011-M – Pan-American YCC and North American YCC Representatives

We have a motion on the floor and I assume it is the one we are voting on. Has the mover of the motion been present at this meeting to take part in the debate?

Hi Ken:

To be a bit more accurate, we have an original Motion 2011-M, and an amending motion ( which I refer to as the Barron amendment ), which basically guts the original motion, and replaces it with something else.

Anna has signed in, though she has not herself posted on this thread - but her contributions have been posted here by others continuing the debate.

Bob

Bob A. that would be a replacement motion. Has the Chair ruled he is willing to allow it to stand in place of the original motion? They seem substantively different. I'm just confused. I just want some guidance on what we are debating and what we wil be voting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    We have a motion on the floor and I assume it is the one we are voting on. Has the mover of the motion been present at this meeting to take part in the debate?
    It is clear from my previous post that Ana asked Bob A. to amend her motion and to replace it with Michael's one (she posted her message on Youth Committee board yesterday 11:50 PM, so I'm not sure why Bob A. presented this differently).
    I did compromise with Michael's motion, as I have no access to board whole day, I ask Bob A help me to amend
    If Ana is not here to clearly deny this, then, I think, her motion should be revoked and replaced with Michael's.

Bob G. makes the rulings here as President. Motions once moved are the property of the Governors. Why do people have a such a difficult time with simple parliamentary procedures?

Hi Ken:

Is Michael's post an amending or replacing motion? I'll have to leave that to Bob G.

All I know is that I am wanting a vote on the original motion, and am trying to get it passed, because as far as I can see, the Youth Committee has not yet had a chance to vote on Michael's " rules ". And I want some rule in place to choose candidates.

Bob

I await Bob G. straightening this out. Is it possible for governors to have access to the Youth Committee's online discussions?

Hi Vladimir:

After the motion that I drafted, that you refer to, I am not aware of Michael agreeing to the amendment. And after that Anna instructed me that she wanted more changes, and that's where it was left - her still negotiating with Michael to get agreement on her latest wording. And I have had no word from Anna yet that there is any agreement. And that is why the original motion needs to be passed - because it puts some rule in place. The Youth Committee needs to work with Michael more on his " rules ".

That is the very problem - there is no consensus. And is it not true that the Youth Committee has had no opportunity to yet vote on Michael's attempt to capture what the youth committee wants?

And there cannot be consensus when I have two of the active Youth Committee members e-mailing me that Michael's rules are not yet fair ( Anna Jin/Xuekun Xing ).

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 04-05-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Perhaps to avoid future confusion the governors on the youth committee could provide some sort of precis of their proceedings-- a simple accounting of the committee members for and against a course of action would helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Bob G. makes the rulings here as President. Motions once moved are the property of the Governors. Why do people have a such a difficult time with simple parliamentary procedures?
    Who has "difficult time with simple parliamentary procedures"? I don't.
    I just expressed my opinion and used phrases such as "I think ..." and "from what I see ..." to make it clear that it is my personal opinion.

Governor who moved the original motion (Ana) clearly stated that she is willing to amend her motion and replace it with Michael's. I realize that she didn't do it here, on this thread. That's why, in my opinion, she has to be here to either confirm or deny. Would it be OK with you, Ken, to vote on this motion without the mover presenting for debates and answering these questions? Would it be according to parliamentary procedures?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast