Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13. Tournament Director and Organizer Certification Program ( TDOCP ) Committee – Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    I have had a nmber of discussion with MIchael von Keitz on this issue. If the members are agreeable I am willing to chair this committee.
    Thank you Hal. You have my vote.

My wish is that we keep it simple.
    I believe it should be voluntary. What I mean by that is that you don't need to be certified to run a CFC rated event. We don't want to discourage local chess clubs from rating their club tournaments. IMHO, our major tournament will naturally attract certified arbiters without it being mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    I have had a nmber of discussion with MIchael von Keitz on this issue. If the members are agreeable I am willing to chair this committee.
    I would be interested in joining this committee. I believe Hal would be the ideal chair.

I am also willing to serve on this committee. Is Mark Dutton hiding in the shadows, or is he willing to lend his expertise to the committee as well?

Blog Entries

I'm very disappointed that I never was able to put the time into this.

However, when I first volunteered last July at the AGM, I was told the Exec wanted to wait a bit (no real reason given), although I did advise them summer was by far the best for me as a teacher.

I was finally given the go-ahead on August 27th. Two days later I was hired for a full-time teaching job which just sucked away all my time, as expected.

Good luck to the future committee. The forum still exists and if they want to use it rather than email just send me the member names and I'll give them access.

I was told by Francisco Cabanas way back in the previous century not to apply for the National TD position as the regulations were under review.

I was subsequently told not to apply as my International Arbiter title made me one automatically.

Now I'm not sure what to believe.

I think it's a darned good idea and think we should do more toward director development along the lines of what most national sport federations do concerning Referee Development but I think it something we need someone to quarterback and I'm not sure a member of the Executive is the one to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12