Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13. Tournament Director and Organizer Certification Program ( TDOCP ) Committee – Rep

Default 13. Tournament Director and Organizer Certification Program ( TDOCP ) Committee – Rep

This section is reserved for the TDOCP report

I believe this committee is inactive. In my view, I would like to see this organization facilitate the production of quality FAs, IAs and IOs going forward. How we achieve this is worth discussing. In my experience, few seem genuinely interested in re-establishing the in-house national certification program, so I am prepared to drop that specific vein of discussion.

Blog Entries

Bob G: Unless you know something I don't know, I think you could ask for volunteers for this committee, and they could select a chair.

Hi Fred:

I thought that after a prior Governors' Meeting, which discussed this committee, Chris Mallon was appointed Chair ( don't know if there were any other members appointed ).

Bob

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Hi Fred:

I thought that after a prior Governors' Meeting, which discussed this committee, Chris Mallon was appointed Chair ( don't know if there were any other members appointed ).

Bob
    I think it's time to move on.

Hi Fred:

Agreed. Just pointing out what I thought was a fact.

Bob

Default Willing to Chair

I have had a nmber of discussion with MIchael von Keitz on this issue. If the members are agreeable I am willing to chair this committee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    I have had a nmber of discussion with MIchael von Keitz on this issue. If the members are agreeable I am willing to chair this committee.
    Thanks for volunteering for this position, Hal. I think Bob G has the power to approve this once he sees your declaration, and you can proceed with forming your group - volunteers ??

Default Certified TDs

This program was put on hold back in 1992 with the best of intentions. When I joined the CFC Executive in 1999 we were going to get to it.

I brought it back to life when I was President 2003-2005. We re-wrote the chapter in the rules. The various Provincial Associations of the CFC nominated those who had been running tournaments to various TD titles.

What happened after that? Nothing much.

I think a first step would be to put those names on the CFC web page. I think anybody who has run 20 or 30 CFC tournaments should be "certifiable" and added to the list.

But then again we can let this go for a few more years while we have yet another committee think about cleaver ways to examine and re-certify these folks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halldor P. Palsson View Post
    This program was put on hold back in 1992 with the best of intentions. When I joined the CFC Executive in 1999 we were going to get to it.

I brought it back to life when I was President 2003-2005. We re-wrote the chapter in the rules. The various Provincial Associations of the CFC nominated those who had been running tournaments to various TD titles.

What happened after that? Nothing much.

I think a first step would be to put those names on the CFC web page. I think anybody who has run 20 or 30 CFC tournaments should be "certifiable" and added to the list.

But then again we can let this go for a few more years while we have yet another committee think about cleaver ways to examine and re-certify these folks.
    The new web page will list all those with International & National titles.

I think the new committee will decide if more people can get grandfathered in, or have to write tests, or if titles are for a certain length of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast