23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 100.00%
  • Yes

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2. Governors' Sign In

Default attendance

You might get better attendance if the meeting was held twice a year instead of 4 times a year. There can always be a special meeting for a particular matter if it is deemed necessary.
    Les Bunning

Excuse me Bob - but since when are the members of the Executive accountable to the membership for the level of participation by Governors? We do our best to get the best participation possible but at the end of the day if a Governor decides not to take part I and the rest of the Executive are somehow bad people?

I think it would make a whole lot more sense to hold the provincial affiliates responsible since they are the ones who choose the Governors. Many times I (in my role as BCCF Secretary-Treasurer) have stood up in BCCF AGMs and said what the characteristics of a good Governor are and 'this is what we expect of you if you let your name stand in nomination'. In general BC has had a pretty good contingent of Governors through the years and I'd like to think comments like that are part of the reason.

To say that I and the other Board members are deficient because Governors may not sign in is a gratuitous insult to the board - particularly as participation in 2010-11 compares well with past years.

Your remarks are highly offensive - you owe the Executive collectively an apology.

Blog Entries

Lyle - I've always thought that publicly and prominently publishing voting records arranged by governor name and province would be an eye opener for some people.

I've thought about doing that (I've been keeping GL voting records in a spreadsheet with the columns detailing previous GL's voting records being hidden as I start on new GLs) for several years.

The spreadsheet details each Governors' information and how he/she voted which at the bottom of the list of Governors totals how many voted each way.

I don't think it would be fair to retroactively publish these but anybody sufficiently motivated could extract this info from past GLs.

Chris, does vBulletin allow downloading of voting records at all? There have been something like 43 polls (this number is shown in the Forum Control Panel which only the moderators see) in the course of the Forum - most of these have been straw votes of one sort or another, some public, some not, some Governors only, some for everybody - but are there any vBulletin tools for this?

Blog Entries

Yes someone sufficiently motivated could retroactively publish these.... hmmmm

You want to download the voting records into what format? I'm sure I could extra the data right out of the database into .xls.... I'd have to see if there is any kind of plugin otherwise.

.xls is good heh heh heh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234