Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Motion 2011-Z - Single Annual CFC Membership & Fee

Steve,

Thank you for your thoughts on seconding motions. I am in complete agreement. I was going to post myself, but you have stated the case very well. The history of this issue and the merits of the case are irrelevant, if you are unable to find a second governor who actually supports you motion, well....enough said.

I would urge governors to refrain from seconding motions unless they are willing to vigorously support the motion themselves. We have lots of issues being discussed without the need for a motion. The motion should come after the debate, not before.

Hi Bob G:

I agree that debate should precede the filing of a motion. That is why it has been my practice to always post my proposed motions before filing. This way you can find out whether there is support, vilolent objection, no opinion, etc.

I prefer however that the debate focus on a specific motion with specific wording. This focusses the debate, and clarifies the issues, because there is clear wording of exactly what is intended.

If the debate leads to a totally different direction, then the proposed motion just never gets filed, and goes into the dustbin.

Bob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234