Thread: 2008 World Chess Championship Anand vs Kramnik

Default 2008 World Chess Championship Anand vs Kramnik

2008 World Chess Championship
    Anand vs Kramnik
    Starting 9:00AM EST October 14, 2008.

It seems to be starting at 9:30am.

In cooperation with Foidos Chess, the CFC is proud to show the 2008 World Chess Championship Games free of charge. You can see the games live on our website:
    http://chess.ca/wcc2008/wcc2008.htm

Hi Bob:

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the CFC arranging to carry the WCC. It is a great service to the CFC members/Canadian chess public - I'm sure many Canadian players are following the match on the CFC Website. CFC continues to improve.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    Just wanted to say a big thanks for the CFC arranging to carry the WCC. It is a great service to the CFC members/Canadian chess public - I'm sure many Canadian players are following the match on the CFC Website.
    It would be even more interesting to have a small online chat

Default Board Moves Problem?

It's 12:20 PM - I tried " refreshing " the WCC board screen to update the moves, and now I'm only getting the word " load " and the loading symbol. Apparently this problem has happened before to some people. Is anyone else having this problem at the moment?

Bob

Blog Entries

Default chit chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis
    It would be even more interesting to have a small online chat
    That's easy enough to do right here or at ChessTalk. Just open two windows in your browser and switch back and forth as needed.

Incidentally, Anand now has 3 wins and the 12 game match looks to be over.

Ended up loading properly shortly thereafter.

Bob

Default World Chess Championship - Game 7

On one level, one could say Vladimir Kramnik ( Russia - 14th world champion ) was successful in Rd. 7, drawing the 15th and current World Champion, Viswanathan Anand ( India ), with Black.

But being down, Kramnik had to come up with fireworks , and he didn't. Mind you, he has only won in 2 years ( 42 games ) at top level in classical chess, all of ONE game with black ( against Topalov ). So expecting a tiger to change his stripes is not a good bet.

But down 5-2, in a 12-game match, Kramnik's trip to the dugout is quickly becoming reality.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 10-23-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Default WCC - Game 10

Kramnik hangs on - defeats Anand. The score is now 6-4.

Kramnik still needs to win the last 2 games to send the match into tie-break. This is a tall order against the current and 15th world champion, Anand. But the last 3 games have shown Kramnik in better shape than we saw him in the first 7 games.

He has definitely shown determination not to go out with a whimper - if he goes out, he will go out having ended the match well.

Bob

Default WCC - Game 11

Viswanathan Anand ( India ) remained in control in the whole game, though it was close ( Vladimir Kramnik ( Russia ), 14th World Champion and challenger, never got the advantage the whole game ). A draw resulted on move 24, and Anand remains the 15th World Champion !

So my pre-match prognostication of Kramnik with +1 turns out quite wrong, much to my delight, because I really wanted Anand to win.

On to the Challengers' Match, between Topalov and Kamsky, if it takes place sometime in the rest of 2008. I'll try again and pick Topalov at +2 ! Any other predictions?

Bob