Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 37B. Length of meeting - 7 vs. 14 days

Blog Entries

Since voting is by e-mail, I don't see why they couldn't send it early if they wanted to.

I thin kwe had very little action over the weekend, and things are just getting nicely heated up today.

Default Timetable

The rules state that voting can't commence before 9pm on the 4th day. That would be tomorrow afternoon. That would obviously be too soon. The debates are just heating up today.

We should keep the discussion phase open until at least thursday evening. History has shown after about 3 days, the debates wind down. I think it will become clear when we are ready to vote. To play it safe, for those that can't checkin every day, let's say no voting until midnight thursday evening at the earliest.

I think we all agree, no new motions or amendments once voting starts.

Sound okay?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    I think we all agree, no new motions or amendments once voting starts.

Sound okay?
    I think there should be no further discussion on votes in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco Cabanas View Post
    How about 9 days starting on Saturday and ending on Sunday?
    I agree with Francisco. I think at least one other person made the same suggestion in the e-mail chain started by Garvin. End on a weekend, when, presumably, we all have some flexibility in our commitments.

Fred wrote: I think there should be no further discussion on votes in progress.

Ken wonders if Fred has in mind a mechanism by which this could be enforced?

Default Closing Threads

Hi Ken:

Isn't there a procedure on the board for " locking " a thread, so no more posts can be made on it? This could be used for the motion discussion thread - it can also be used for the voting thread once the voting instructions have been posted, since we are not using the Board voting format this meeting.

Bob

There might be Bob A but that will not stop discussion from taking place by those who truly want to discuss an issue.

Default Governor Respect for Meeting Procedure

Hi Ken:

If it is the procedure of the CFC, as duly decided by the Chair, supported by the governors, that discussion of motions ceases at the meeting during voting on them, surely we can hope governors will comply and not post ( they are not authorized to start new threads - the Chair decides that ).

And others can complain to governors who try to post, that they are the lowest scum!!

Bob

Discussion Bob A is not limited to this forum. I fail to see why there is so much concern about who discusses what when and who gets to see it being discussed. What are our fears of conducting business in an open and transparent manner?

Default Open Meetings - Fears Overblown?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    ..why there is so much concern about who discusses what when and who gets to see it being discussed. What are our fears of conducting business in an open and transparent manner?
    Hi Ken:

I agree - seems a lot of overconcern on this.

Bob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast