Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 30. Motion 2011-E - DISCUSSION

Blog Entries

http://www.robertsrules.com/faq.html#8

Just saying. The whole "Friendly Amendment" thing gets used way too much around the CFC, for something that doesn't even officially exist.

I agree with, Chris. Friendly amendments are a myth.

Default Proper Motion Amending Procedure ( NO " friendly " amendment )

Hi Chris and Ken:

Then you say : I, as mover, should ask Bob G to ask the assembly if there is any " objection " to the amendment?

If none comes forth, then the assembly has effectively amended the motion. Then Fred and I redraft it accordingly, or Lyle does, and it then proceeds to a vote as amended.

Seems fine to me. Is it OK with Francisco?

Bob

Default It is ok with me.

I stand corrected on the "friendly amendment" matter.

Yes the correct procedure in this case is for the chair to ask if there is any objection to the amendment and accept the amendment if there is no objection. Otherwise put the amendment to a vote.

This is functionally equivalent to withdrawing a motion and re-submitting it as amended.

Default Getting the Amended Motion 2011-E Voted On

Hi Lyle:

As mover of motion 2011-E ( Proxies ), I am in your hands as Posting Secretary as to how you want to get the motion and amendment through. Fred, Francisco and Egis and I are all in agreement that whatever is simplest for you is fine for us.

I can send you a copy of the amended motion 2011-E by e-mail if you'd like, if that will help, approved by all of us.

Just let me know whether you need us to do anything, and if so, what you need from us. Our agreement is now on the board here, since Francisco has posted his amendment, and Fred and I have agreed with it.

Bob

Please check my 'voting instructions' and get back to me if you feel this does not properly reflect the amended motion - LC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234