Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 28. Motion 2011-C - DISCUSSION

Hi Fred:

But they'd be coming to Ricmond Hill !!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    This could be a start. Each province would have up to 12 "official" team members (one per group).
    I would not limit the number of players.
    Each province would have as many players as possible - but only the best result in a section counts towards team result.
    Since not every province could have represenatives in all 12 sections, we could limit team competition to 6 best results from the province in any 6 sections.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Default New threads - CYCC Qualification rules

Folks, I just got a very angry email from Governor Brammall. He is very upset that his motion to amend the CYCC qualification rules has not received the attention it deserves. I am in complete agreement with him.

Several amendment motions have been added to this thread where they have received inadequate discussion. This is the most urgent matter at this meeting, and unfortunately we have been consumed with other matters. I will start new threads now:

28e. Motion from Governor Barron
    28f. Motion from Governor Gillanders
    28g. Motion from Governor Cabanas
    28h. Motion from Governor Brammall

I have to go out the door in a few minutes, so the respective Governors are welcome to post their motions ASAP and get the discussion going.

Thanks Stuart.

Blog Entries

Post Missing point

The point everyone is missing is that while CYCC is relatively well attended every single year, the problem lies with provincial YCCs! Those are poorly attended or migth not even happen. THOSE ARE THE PROBLEM!

I am not sure why this is discussed here and the Youth Committee is not left alone to deal with these situations as per the mandate we got. I have no problem receiving opinions and suggestions, but all has to be taken with a grain of salt. Most of the posters here have never been to a junior tournament in the past X years... How do they know what is good for juniors?

For those who believe parents have a great input, here is the news: each parent wishes (more or less) to bend the rules in order to be useful for their kid(s). This I have seen for sure since the mid to late 90s and it continues...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123