Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03. President's Welcome & Report

Default 03. President's Welcome & Report

Governors please welcome CFC President Bob Gillanders

Default Welcome

Welcome and thanks to all Governors participating in this quarterly meeting. Lyle is taking over from Bob A. as posting secretary for this meeting.

All the threads are setup and awaiting opening comments from their assigned individuals. Please refrain from posting on a thread until the opening comments has been posted. I know everyone is waiting patiently, so I will give Chris the go ahead to give all governors access ASAP. Hopefully all the opening remarks will be posted by noon.

I will be back after breakfast with some opening comments.

Default Good morning

Good morning everyone. I see Bob A. has started to post on a number of threads. Hopefully everyone else will join in as the day progresses. Although I would note there are tournaments in Kitchener and Ottawa this weekend, so I suspect some may join the discussion later.

The latest report from Gerry shows memberships down. I will comment later in the week, I do want some time to review the numbers first.

The most urgent issues this meeting will be surrounding our youth program. 1. Motion 2011-B, new regulations regarding who gets invited to the WYCC.
    2. Motion 2011-C, amendments to YCC qualification system. We need to have a discussion as we struggle to implement the new rules.

Thanks.

Default Constitutional amendments

motions 2011-D, 2011-E, and 2011-F are constitutional amendments as declared by the chair.

There are a number of governors on several threads making claims otherwise. IMHO, some of these claims are false and misleading. After keeping up with the debate for three days, the Chair has neither the time nor patience to comment, investigate, correct, or rule on any of these claims. Be advised.

We will continue on, vote on them, and settle the arguments later (which likely won't even matter anyway).

We should focus on the important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    The latest report from Gerry shows memberships down. I will comment later in the week, I do want some time to review the numbers first.
    Does "later" come?
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Does "later" come?
    Sorry Egis. My time is at a premium for the next few days.

Default Voting Times

You have mail! You should all have this email in your inbox.

Dear Governors,

I would like to thank you all for participating in the governors meeting. The discussion phase of the meeting appears to be winding down. I hope everyone has had adequate time to present their views.

The voting booth will open at midnight tonight (EST) or 9pm PT.
    The voting booth will close at 3 pm EST on sunday (noon PT).

Voting instructions can be found in the sticky thread: "The voting booth".
    Voting for this meeting will be by email, to both Lyle and myself.
    I expect online voting procedures will be in place for the next meeting.

Please note there are now 4 motions related to the CYCC Qualification rules.
    They should be treated as separate and distinct. They are each independent motions. It is not a matter of choosing which one you prefer. Voting Yes to all 4 is acceptable and is in fact, my recommendation.

I recommend as always, that you review all posts once again before voting. There is no rush.

Thanks,

Bob Gillanders
    President

Please update the "voting booth" to include all the CYCC stuff. Or I will get angry with you again

I have been out all evening and have just returned. I see the voting booth has not been updated for the CYCC amendments?

Does anyone know why?

Lyle, Is there a problem?

Voting will be delayed until we get the booth updated!

Default Voting is now open

No there's no problem - just checking and double-checking to ensure no one's motion got left out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast