Quote Originally Posted by Valer Eugen Demian
... is similar with shopping at the Salvation Army and asking why there's no high class service (no disrespect intended to the Salvation Army).

Let's see: some chess people do not even want to hear about chess being recognized as a sport here (even if it is in about 75% of countries in the World), do not want to pay a yearly membership to a national organization, ask time and time again what is provided to them when in return they do not consider they have to do anything, etc, etc.
Conclusion: let's kick CFC over and over again (easy target, right?) until they will disappear in the oblivion. I am sure then everyone will satisfy their chess craving playing in those "great" internet chess sites, while watching the World outside play chess as it should be played!

How about that?
- Chess is not a sport, it is a game... sports involve physical activities.

- I have been a CFC member since I started playing the game

- I am concerned that what the CFC is doing will reduce the amount of people who play rated chess in Canada, you can call that complaining all you want, what I am doing is asking the governors to see what affect this proposal will have.

- the VAST majority of chess players in Canada play solely on internet sites, to ignore this is to put your head in the sand and pretend that this isn't how it is ...

- the CFC's PRIME function should be to promote chess in Canada, If they concentrated on getting MORE people to play chess then perhaps they wouldn't be in the financial problems they are in now. Until the CFC concentrates on the AVERAGE player and show them the benefits of supporting the CFC then they will continue to have revenue problems.
You can't get more people to play rated chess when you put barriers infront of them.

- I don't want the CFC to disappear, but if it continues to dissuade casual chess players from playing in tournaments then perhaps the CFC deserves to go under. Maybe it will be replaced with an organization that remembers what its job is to promote chess in Canada.