Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Canadian Open Championship

Kerry, you should switch to the USCF website and their magazine instead
    The magazine just published a big article about CANADIAN organizer They have quite fresh news about Carlsen and Nakamura overnight blitz match with an undisclosed result. At least keep it as a balance

Keeping within the thread: seems the CO start is good - several GMs and the arbiters are announced already.
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; 12-09-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis
    The magazine just published a big article about CANADIAN organizer They have quite fresh news about Carlsen and Nakamura overnight blitz match with an undisclosed result. At least keep it as a balance

Keeping within the thread: seems the CO start is good - several GMs and the arbiters are announced already.
    lol - I was just the messenger. I find the USCF website has very little content if you are not a member; the CFC has little content even IF you are a member (sorry, couldn't resist...)

I am constantly astonished by the axes that Spraggett has to grind... I guess he had to move to Portugal to get away from so many things he couldn't stand... oh well. Our loss...

As for the Canadian Open - it is looking like they have strong organization and are on the right track. I think we will find that David Cohen et al will find some innovative sponsorship and it will be a new high water mark of success, but that is merely my feeling about it. Personally, I don't care who directs it as long as the pairings are done correctly and according to whatever format is pre-published. No surprises should be the motto.

Default More Champions playing!

We are pleased to announce the participation of the following:

Canadian Senior Champion Ralph Deline

Canadian Under-8 Champion Joshua Doknjas

2010 Canadian Olympiad Women's Team Member Iulia Lacau-Rodean

Canadian Under-16 Girls Champion Alexandra Botez

Canadian Under-12 Girls Champion Jackie Peng

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles
    Personally, I don't care who directs it as long as the pairings are done correctly and according to whatever format is pre-published. No surprises should be the motto.
    I hope Aris will get a world-class Swiss-Manager and post all results on a chess-results website.

I hope Aris will get a world-class Swiss-Manager and post all results on a chess-results website.
    I might be mistaken, but I believe the plan was to go with SwissSys, which Mark and I are more familiar with than SwissManager. In the end, the choice of software is not really mine to make, and unless I have a sudden increase in personal cash flow, I would not be in a position to pay for SwissManager.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis
    I might be mistaken, but I believe the plan was to go with SwissSys
    As a pairing software SwissSys is good, however as a presenter of results for the website is ...
    .*-1

What Canadian organizer did they do an article on?

Default Another Canadian Champion joins us!

We are pleased to announce the participation of Canadian Under-16 Champion Roman Sapozhnikov.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere
    What Canadian organizer did they do an article on?
    Nathan Divinsky (ok, not only the organizer
    (and I think they used this photo http://www.canadianchess.info/images...nskyNathan.jpg
    from http://www.canadianchess.info/canadi....html#DIVINSKY )

Chess Life has a pdf version too. I may download later and send a copy of the article
    .*-1

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast