Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: YCC Qualifiers - Good Idea?

Default Windsor

I hope we can count on John Coleman for a YCC in Windsor!

John - I see nothing in the rules to prevent you from having a YCC for local kids only. Have the OPP block the 401 if necessary!

Blog Entries

That is a good point, Bob. I think that YCC's will need to state if they are Open or "Closed" to a specific geographic region.

Organizers could have their own reasons for each format.

Default Victoria YCC

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim
    Andrei: I would think you could simply hold a YCC in Victoria. It sounds like there is a very active group there, so I wouldn't think you'd have much difficulty raising the $200 minimum.
    This is a good idea. Is is possible that half of the groups will have no participants, but does not matter. Maybe Brian Raymer can tell us more.

My guess is that each province with more then one YCC will not have a provincial champion, will have something like "BC Lower Mainland Champion", "BC - Vancouver Island Champion", "BC - Okanagan Champion" and so on.
    It might work, will reduce the number in what is now BC-YCC but it might increase the total number of player in YCC in BC.

Andrei

Default Canadian players living abroad

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron
    Hi Andrei,
    I don't know answers for all questions, but we could always discuss specific situations on case by case basis.
    We have this rule:
    "1015. Authority of the Board of Directors:
    The CFC Board of Directors shall rule on any situation not covered by these regulations and shall have the authority to rule on any matter which is in dispute."
    and could use it in appropriate situations.

A few Canadian citizens not living in Canada who want to play at CYCC are mostly have personal rights to participate.
    In general, such players could qualify through YCC in any Canadian province.
    Hi Michael,

One of our top Canadian players moved to Europe, will be hard to come and play in any YCC, will be OK for him to play in WYCC directly (with CFC Board if Directors permission - of course)?

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei Botez
    My guess is that each province with more then one YCC will not have a provincial champion
    I was thinking about this too. My opinion is that only one of the YCCs (if multiple in one province) should be called Ontario (as example) YCC. Provincial Youth Coordinator should decide which one should it be. The winners of this event will become provincial champions.

All other YCCs in the same province should have the qualification status only, and may be named something like "Ontario (as example) qualification YCC No. 2)", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei Botez
    Hi Michael,

One of our top Canadian players moved to Europe, will be hard to come and play in any YCC, will be OK for him to play in WYCC directly (with CFC Board if Directors permission - of course)?

Andrei
    Hi Andrei,

The CFC Youth Committee is currently working on clarifying WYCC qualification rules, and will submit a Motion for discussion during Governors on-line meeting in January.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron
    Bob,

I think, it would be great if all the Ontario leagues will organize 1 YCC each!
    But I don't want to limit this number...

The more tournaments - the better!
    Regarding the $200 fee, I have a question. In Alberta, we normally hold regional qualifiers, the winners then attend the Alberta Youth Chess Championship. Since the regional qualifiers do not qualify players towards the CYCC, I would think these events would be exempt from the $200 fee. Is this a correct interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ficzere
    Regarding the $200 fee, I have a question. In Alberta, we normally hold regional qualifiers, the winners then attend the Alberta Youth Chess Championship. Since the regional qualifiers do not qualify players towards the CYCC, I would think these events would be exempt from the $200 fee. Is this a correct interpretation?
    Yes, Tony, your interpretation is correct - only events that qualify players towards the CYCC are subject to this CYCC qualifier fee.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Default one idea

I am Jack's dad. I think that the players can be selected from their CFC rating based on age group,girl and boy execpt three top players in province who get different entry discount.
    Last edited by jack qian; 01-14-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234