Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2011 CYCC Competing Bids

Default Missed Votes

Hi Alex:

Well, it has now been discovered that the Secretary missed 3 votes in his e-mails ( result remains the same ). But that still only brings the total vote to 48% ( 29/60 governors ). Your comments can still stand.

Oh, and Stuart, I started trying to soften Alex up to a CFC Governorship years ago - we enticed him to the position of OCA Secretary -are we finally making some progress on the CFC Governor front??

Bob

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by David Cohen
    After the vote, Chess Institute of Canada presented a bid for the Canadian Open only, at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto. CFC Executive is deliberating. As Hal graciously offered to withdraw the Guelph bid while they do so, we are expecting the Open to be in Toronto again, and for CYCC and CO groups to work together to promote chess. Happy endings all around.

David :-)
    Yes! I am pleased to announce the CFC executive has now voted and approved the new Toronto Canadian Open bid.

Tournament details will follow shortly. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 11-25-2010 at 08:30 AM.

Should this not have been within the purview of the Governors or does the executive has some reserve power which permits them to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft
    Should this not have been within the purview of the Governors or does the executive has some reserve power which permits them to do this?
    Despite this being related (by timing) to the CYCC bid, perhaps Bob G's announcement of the decision about the CO (and Ken's question) should be in a separate thread with CO in the title?

Default " Late " Bids

Hi Ken:

The CO bid is " late ", since not presented at the July AGM.

Thus under the Handbook the Executive decides, unless there are competing bids, which there weren't, because Hal determined not to submit his proposed bid.

Bob

Were any other bids solicited?

Hi Ken:

I have moved your question, and my response, to the new " 2011 CO thread " suggested by Kerry Liles, and started by me.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 11-25-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    Hi Alex:

Well, it has now been discovered that the Secretary missed 3 votes in his e-mails ( result remains the same ). But that still only brings the total vote to 48% ( 29/60 governors ). Your comments can still stand.

Oh, and Stuart, I started trying to soften Alex up to a CFC Governorship years ago - we enticed him to the position of OCA Secretary -are we finally making some progress on the CFC Governor front??

Bob
    Bob, wasn't it just a year ago that you were trying to half the number of GTCL Governors? Now, to make room for Alex and Steve Karpik, which active GTCL Governor do you wish to get rid of, or can we get Alex to represent the Yukon?:

Richmond Hill (14) Armstrong, Bond, Brammall, Craft, Gillanders, Haley, Jin, Mallon, Marghetis, McDonald, Moore, Nadeau, Nunes, von Keitz

Toronto (12) Barron, Birarov, I Bluvshtein, M Bluvshtein, Craver, Dutton, Field, Leblanc, McKim, Palsson, Smith, Zeromskis

Is there a place where I can see the a list of who's on the Richmond Hill proposal's team, partly to see if any voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Malmsten
    Is there a place where I can see the a list of who's on the Richmond Hill proposal's team, partly to see if any voted.
    Bids should be published in the next GLs. Thus, I think, there should be no harm to publish excerpts from the bid containing involved persons/organizers etc. However, that I leave to do to a Public Relations Coordinator

Hi Egis:

I would think it would be the executive that wouild publish the bid, now that they have announced the results of the bid. I don't even any longer have my copy of the bids.

Bob

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast