Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 CYCC Competing Bids

Default Revised bids

Bob A.,

CIC is submitting a revised bid, which gives the CFC everything it asks for. If the CFC ignores it, that's its business.

David

Default " Late " Revision of Toronto Bid

Hi David:

In the original post by President Bob Gillanders on Nov. 11, he said:

" We will be calling for a vote on Nov 19th. "

I interpret that to mean 12:00 AM Friday, Nov. 19. So as I interpret it, the voting period has already started, and you, the Toronto Bid, are trying to submit a " revised " bid DURING the voting period - this would be very unusual to accept I would think. Votes have already been cast perhaps on the bids as originally submitted, and were what was to be voted on as of 12:00 AM Today.

I do not know if your " revised " bid has even yet been filed with the Chairperson/President - I interpret your post to indicate it is still coming.

And is there any issue of " fairness " here to the Richmond Hill bid??

But we will need to await a formal ruling on this issue of " late " revision, from the Chair of the Governors' Meeting, President Bob Gillanders.

Bob

Default Revised Toronto bid

For kids and non-Governors (who can't access the CFC's Governors Discussion Board):

Toronto's revised CYCC bid is for a 4 day CYCC at the Westin Harbour Castle, Mon.-Th. before the Canadian Open.

Regards,

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Cohen
    For kids and non-Governors (who can't access the CFC's Governors Discussion Board):

Toronto's revised CYCC bid is for a 4 day CYCC at the Westin Harbour Castle, Mon.-Th. before the Canadian Open.

Regards,

David

World Open (Philadelphia): June 30 - July 4 (Mon)

Toronto (Changed bid): July 4 (Mon) - July 7 (Thu)

Many young Canadian players traditionally participate in World Open.

Last year some of the top players (including James Fu) had skiped CYCC in Windsor in favour of World Open.

New dates proposed by Toronto team in their revised bid are in conflict with World Open dates.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkine

World Open (Philadelphia): June 30 - July 4 (Mon)

Toronto (Changed bid): July 4 (Mon) - July 7 (Thu)

Many young Canadian players traditionally participate in World Open.

Last year some of the top players (including James Fu) had skiped CYCC in Windsor in favour of World Open.

New dates proposed by Toronto team in their revised bid are in conflict with World Open dates.
    I would think the organizers will have some flexibility to switch to July 5-8, if there is sufficent demand for it. It's also debatable if the juniors staying for the CO will really need a "rest" day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim
    I would think the organizers will have some flexibility to switch to July 5-8, if there is sufficent demand for it. It's also debatable if the juniors staying for the CO will really need a "rest" day.
    Everything is possible.

It's easy to fix the problem after the voting process is over.

But it is more professional if the problem was though-tout and solved in advance.

Default Polls Closed

If I understood the voting instructions from CFC President Bob Gillanders correctly, voting by the Governors on the 2 now-revised CYCC bids has ended ( polls closed at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, Nov. 21 ).

Hopefully the results will be recorded by the CFC Secretary Lyle Craver quickly, and sent to the President, for him to release them in the next day or so - I'm sure the bidders are anxious to hear the result, as are many of us.

Bob

Default Poll closing

Bob A.,

Nah, polls close at midnight Pacific time, which means you gotta stay up until 3am Eastern. It's now 4:30am Eastern and no word. Ah well, so much for technology. I guess we'll have to wait for the vote counter (Lyle?) to wake up in the morning and count the votes by hand.

David :-)

I too am waiting anxiously to hear from Lyle.

Default Voting results

I notice that less than half of the CFC Governors voted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast