Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bids received: Canadian Open & CYCC 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gladstone
    I think it is great that there are 2 bids and I wish the Governors/Executive best of luck in choosing.

When the decision is being made, please take into account the number of youth players who have played in both tournaments - when consecutive, will, most likely not be able to - when concurrent. Although the timing would allow it, the preparation and stress of 3 games per day would probably preclude most youth.

If possible, we should not make any player CHOOSE, we should plan so they can have the best options

Gary
    Hi Gary,

You missed the point of the Toronto bid....they are talking July 9 - 15 for the CYCC...so probably 1 game a day...the idea being, you get most of the CYCC players also taking part in the Canadian Open (hopefully).

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Bevand; 10-21-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Default Toronto Bid

The Toronto bid is an interesting one. CYCC participants are already used to playing 2 games a day; now they will have an opportunity to continue the tradition of playing 2 games a day, but now it will be 1 CYCC game in the morning (presumably) and then 1 CO game in the evening. This may increase the number of participants in the CO; and for those who have participated in both the CYCC and CO in the past, this shortens the time that they/families need to take off work.

3. Default

Thanks for the clarification.
    I am not sure how many of the youth would want to play in two simultaneous tournaments, although it would make it easier for the parents.
    Did the bid group survey those youth who played in both the CYCC and the CO this year to see what their thoughts would be?

if it would help the deciding body, perhaps a poll could be started online, but then there could be the risk of no canadian open

Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12