Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bids received: Canadian Open & CYCC 2011

Thumbs up Bids received: Canadian Open & CYCC 2011

The CFC has now received two bids for our 2011 championship tournaments. They are:

1. Richmond Hill - CYCC 2011 - July 6-9, 2011
    Chief Organizer: Anna Jin, CFC Women's Coordinator

2. Toronto - Canadian Open 2011 - July 9-17, 2011
    - CYCC 2011 - July 9-15, 2011
    Chief Organizer: Ted Winick, President, Chess Institute of Canada

Note: The Toronto bid is contingent on both bids being accepted.

The vetting process will now begin on these 2 bids. We are accepting new bids but with the following deadlines.

"Notice of intent" to bid - 2 weeks (Nov 4th)
    Completed bid - Nov 19th

These deadline apply to Canadian Open and CYCC. All other events, ASAP please.

Are the dates on the Toronto bid correct as listed?

Blog Entries

I believe so, they were planning something where the CYCC would be in the morning and the CO in the evening, or something like that, AFAIK.

I thought that might be the case.

Blog Entries

Yes, without giving out the complete details of the bid, the CIC bid has the CYCC running Sat-Fri, earlier in the day from the CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim
    Yes, without giving out the complete details of the bid, the CIC bid has the CYCC running Sat-Fri, earlier in the day from the CO.
    I presume the reason Ken asked about the apparent date conflict was concern that overlap would likely mean players in the CYCC might not be able to play in the Open. If the CYCC is earlier in the day, I suppose it is *possible* for a CYCC player to also play in the OPEN, but I presume it would be a rather taxing schedule?

Blog Entries

Someone could do the analysis, but I suspect right now less than 25% of the CYCC players participate in the CO, as they are held consecutively and not concurrently.

At their age, 2 games per day isn't probably too much of a concern....

I presume the Governors will soon be seeing the bids.

Blog Entries

I think the idea is that potential bidders should not have the knowledge of those who bid before them.

Even giving the dates of the CIC bid reveals information that could give other potential bidders an upper hand.

I would assume the Governors will see the bids we have on one of the two key dates.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim
    Someone could do the analysis, but I suspect right now less than 25% of the CYCC players participate in the CO, as they are held consecutively and not concurrently.

At their age, 2 games per day isn't probably too much of a concern....
    I think it is great that there are 2 bids and I wish the Governors/Executive best of luck in choosing.

When the decision is being made, please take into account the number of youth players who have played in both tournaments - when consecutive, will, most likely not be able to - when concurrent. Although the timing would allow it, the preparation and stress of 3 games per day would probably preclude most youth.

If possible, we should not make any player CHOOSE, we should plan so they can have the best options

Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast