Thread: Amazon free shipping starts @ 25$

Default Amazon free shipping starts @ 25$

[subj] source: http://www.amazon.ca

http://astore.amazon.ca/chesfedeofcan-20 still shows "Super Saver Shipping on orders over $39. Details" However reading those details ,39 transforms into 25

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis
    [subj] source: http://www.amazon.ca

http://astore.amazon.ca/chesfedeofcan-20 still shows "Super Saver Shipping on orders over $39. Details" However reading those details ,39 transforms into 25
    I recently ordered 4 books from Amazon.ca; I checked each one versus Chapters and in each case, the Amazon price was $4-$5 cheaper ... exact match on each one too (not hardcover versus soft cover or such diff)

Before anyone howls about using the CFC (please) - they weren't chess books.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles
    Before anyone howls about using the CFC (please) - they weren't chess books.
    Hmm. Did you stop reading chess books?

Some recommendations:
    The Sorcerer's Apprentice (New in Chess) by Bronstein (games collection)
    The Complete Hedgehog, Volume 1 by Shipov. (even you are not a fan of Hedgehog, the book is interesting to read. I did going to the tournament, and played the first time the system

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis
    Hmm. Did you stop reading chess books?

Some recommendations:
    The Sorcerer's Apprentice (New in Chess) by Bronstein (games collection)
    The Complete Hedgehog, Volume 1 by Shipov. (even you are not a fan of Hedgehog, the book is interesting to read. I did going to the tournament, and played the first time the system

hehe... some would say I never did read any chess books (or at least absorb anything of value)

I was just pointing out that I was not buying chess books in that particular case so there was no need to tell me I might have bought them from the CFC hookup... (I actually buy chess books from Strategy Games)

I have Sorcerer's Apprentice - very good book indeed. I don't have the other - thanks for the recommendation though.

Blog Entries

Actually, not sure why this isn't advertised more, but you can buy ANTHING off Amazon using the CFC referral and they get a %.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    Actually, not sure why this isn't advertised more, but you can buy ANTHING off Amazon using the CFC referral and they get a %.
    Now that you mention that, I seem to recall that too... My bad in that case - I will go through the CFC portal next time (I presume it doesn't affect the price, just gives the CFC a tiny agent's fee) I wonder what the percentage is, but I suppose that is a secret.

Blog Entries

It's not exactly secret since anyone can go to Amazon and read about it. The % is not as high for a referral as it is for something right out of the CFC Bookstore, I think it's about half of that. I don't recall exactly but I seem to think it was in the 2% range.

Which, if you're making the purchase anyway, is free money for the CFC rather than giving it to an American corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon
    ... if you're making the purchase anyway, is free money for the CFC rather than giving it to an American corporation.
    I must agree.