19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 94.74%
  • No

1 5.26%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motion 2011-03 (Amended) (Elimination of Life Governors)

The meeting was extended once. The president could extend voting on this motion based on that precedent.

Default On-line Meetings - No Quorum Required

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim

Changing the by-laws any other time require a 2/3 vote and 50% of the total number of governors voting.
    Hi Fred:

The quote above is no longer correct. Bylaw # 3, s. 3 ( a ) was amended at the July AGM, such that the on-line meeting is the equivalent of an AGM re " constitutional " amendments. No quorum of 50 % is required now at an on-line meeting.

I have sent you my recent correspondence with Bob G and Lyle on this.

This is my best opinion, but as of yet I'm not sure who agrees with me.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 10-13-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Lyle, you should be able to see the votes through the admin control panel. I'm sure I'll be able to flip it back to public, but I can't do that until the next time I'm at home (Thursday night).

It's ironic because part of my reasons for introducing a similar motion in the past were due to the fact that inactive governors make it almost impossible to pass constitutional motions.

Bob could possibly rule that this was in fact a "Meeting" and not simply an "Online Vote" and thus anyone present who did not vote is considered automatically to have abstained. So it would then be 19-1 with 22 abstentions, and pass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12