Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Item 16C - Motion 2011-D - Membership/Rating Fee Restructuring Committee

Blog Entries

Lyle. Maybe you're thinking about the first time this was attempted by Hal, I think.

It's possible but I don't think I'm confused on this point.

Believe me if we had had as many as 10 protests from Governors on ANY subject it would be well remembered by the board!

Blog Entries

The vote was in fact unanimous, I remember the call because I was sitting in a 2 hour lineup for a car wash.

And yes there WAS a lot of complaining, on Chesstalk. David would have been first in line but I personally did not receive any official complaints about it from any Governors.

On ChessTalk - OK that explains a lot. That's not a site I've spent much time on in the last year or two since Larry's people show no appetite for dealing with the constant flames and general negativity.

I didn't see any of that here or in my Inbox and I regularly hear from Governors one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis
    I think fees must be at the level to encourage people to play in CFC-rated tournaments. Thus, in my opinion, two type of fees should be enough: membership (classical with all membership benefits) and tournament (aka pay&play).
    Bingo!

To make administration simpler, membership could be sold for the calendar year, and tournament fee could be used without any restrictions - once a year or ten times...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123