Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World Chess Olympiad - Canadian Results

Default Dina

Dina is now trying to mate with R + B vs R.

Bob

Default women's Section - Rd. 3 - Bd. 3 - Orlova

From the position on the board, it appears Liza has won ( opponent blundered her Q ), but no score is yet shown on the live board.

Bob

Default Dina

Dina got the mate ( R + B vs R )! Bravo !

Shabanaj Alda 1926 0 - 1 WIM Kagramanov Dina 2086

If I'm right on Yuanling and Liza winning, then the women get a clean sweep against Albania.

Bob

Default Open Section - Rd. 3 - Bd. 4 - Samsonkin

Artiom drew:

FM Izquierdo Daniel 2275 1/2 - 1/2 IM Samsonkin Artiom 2409

Round Score for Open Section Team ( all games complete ):

Uruguay 0 - 2 ( 1 - 3 ) Canada.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-23-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Default Rd. 3 Results

After 3 rounds:

Open Section

............Initial............................... .....................................Initial
    Rd.......Ranking ........Country..........Score .........Country..........Ranking

1...........53.......... Canada........2 – 0 ( 4 - 0 ).....Mozambique.....127
    2...........33......... Uzbekistan.. ..2 - 0 ( 2.5 - 1.5 )...Canada... .....53
    3...........74...........Uruguay.......0 - 2 ( 1 - 3 )........Canada.........53

Canada's Total - 4 match points; 8.5 game points.

Women’s Section

1...........56...........Canada........2 - 0 ( 3.5 - .5 )...Uganda.........113
    2...........56...........Canada.........0 - 2 (1.5 - 2.5 )..Kazakhstan,,,,.37
    3...........67...........Albania..........0 - 2 ( 0 - 4 ) .....Canada..........56

Canada's Total - 4 match points; 9 game points.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-23-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Default Round 4 Pairings ( Friday AM, Sept. 24 )

Results/ Round 4 Pairings ( Friday AM, Sept. 24 )

Open Section

............Initial............................... .....................................Initial
    Rd.......Ranking ........Country..........Score .........Country..........Ranking

1...........53.......... Canada........2 – 0 ( 3.5 - .5 ).....Mozambique.....127
    3...........74...........Uruguay.......0 - 2 ( 1 - 3 )........Canada.........53
    4...........56...........Canada................... ................Thailand........94

Canada's Total ( my best interpretation of conflicting results information from the official sites - there are two different ones - one for live games, with scores, and a results website, with scores )- 4 match points; 8 game points.

But Thailand has only 3 match points and 5.5 game points. So how come we are paired with them?

The answer is on the results site, where a discrepancy occurs - Thomas is recorded as drawing ( not winning ); and Leonid is shown as losing ( not drawing ). So for pairing purposes, they treated us as having drawn the match with Uruguay ( Mark won; Leonid lost; and there were 2 draws ).

Shaomin as head of delegation, or Yuri as captain, need to get this corrected ( maybe Hal Bond can help ).

Women’s Section

1...........56...........Canada........2 - 0 ( 3.5 - .5 )...Uganda.........113
    2...........56...........Canada.........0 - 2 (1.5 - 2.5 )..Kazakhstan,,,,.37
    3...........67...........Albania..........0 - 2 ( 0 - 4 ) .....Canada..........56
    4...........22............Latvia.................. .................Canada .........56

Canada's Total - 4 match points; 9 game points. Latvia has 4 match points, and 7.5 game points.

The Open Section team is paired down ( due to confusion noted above ) ; the women's team is paired up, as they should be.

Rd. 4 is tomorrow, and broadcasting starts @ 5:00 AM EDT. The official website for live games is : http://ugra-chess.com/results.php

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-23-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Default Round 4 Can. Pairing Error ( Round 3 Results Discrepancy )

Here is part of my post today on ChessTalk about the Canadian scoring discrepancies for Rd. 3 against Uruguay:

......with these results being recorded wrong often on the live boards score, it's not easy to tell what is going on. You are sort of forced to do your own adjudication to see if you think the score shown makes any sense. Today they had Yuanling losing on the live board score, before they eventually changed it.

Even now: Here is the live board score:

Match 27. Uruguay Canada
    1. Rodriguez Vila, Andres 0-1 Bluvshtein, Mark
    2. Larrea, Manuel 0-1 Roussel-Roozmon, Thomas
    3. Roselli Mailhe, Bernardo ½-½ Gerzhoy, Leonid
    4. Izquierdo, Daniel ½-½ Samsonkin, Artiom

Roussel-Roozmon is shown as winning ( not drawing );
    Gerzhoy is shown as drawing ( not losing )

Here is the Board Pairings Score:

Bo. 74 Uruguay (URU) Rtg - 53 Canada (CAN) Rtg 2 : 2
    27.1 GM Rodriguez Vila Andres 2537 - GM Bluvshtein Mark 2583 0 - 1
    27.2 FM Larrea Manuel 2323 - IM Roussel-Roozmon Thomas 2484 ½ - ½
    27.3 IM Roselli Mailhe Bernardo 2399 - IM Gerzhoy Leonid 2485 1 - 0
    27.4 FM Izquierdo Daniel 2275 - IM Samsonkin Artiom 2409 ½ - ½

Roussel-Roozmon is shown as drawing ( not winning, which I think he did, based on the position )
    Gerzhoy is shown as losing ( not drawing, as I think he did - the position is materially equal, and the pawns symmetrical ).

As a final kicker, here is the pairings page for Rd. 4:

53 CAN Canada 7½ 3 : 3 5½ Thailand THA 94

Can you explain to me how we could have 7.5 game points on either of the scenarios the official website pages are using? I say we have 8 game points ( Rd. 1 - 3.5; Rd. 2 - 1.5; Rd. 3 - 3 = 8 game points [ - added editing - I had made a mistake above, now corrected that against Mozambique, Canada got 3.5 pts. , when they actually got 4 pts. - thus the 7.5 game points] ). If Thomas drew, and Leonid lost, then we only get 2 game points against Uruguay - but then we'd have only 7 game points ! How in the world do we get 7.5 game points???

So you tell me what is right - and maybe Yuanling got it right [ in a post today on ChessTalk, she had said the Open section score against Uruguay was 2-2 ], but it doesn't square with my A Class analysis of the closing positions.

Shaomin, as head of delegation, or Yuri as captain, needs to straighten this out ( maybe Hal could help - I've now e-mailed this post, and my one above, to Hal for his review - I don't have Yuri's e-mail and so couldn't send it to him ).

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-26-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Default Rd. 4 Pairings ( and Correction to Rd. 3 Result in Open Section )

I have now been advised by the Olympiad Coordinator, Ilia Bluvshtein, that the correct result of tlhe Open Section team game in Rd. 3 against Uruguay was 2-2 ( Mark won; Leonid lost; Thomas and Artiom drew ).

So I have had to revise my results chart for the Open Section accordingly:

Results/ Round 4 Pairings ( Friday AM, Sept. 24 )

Open Section

1...........53.......... Canada........2 – 0 ( 4- 0 ).....Mozambique.....127
    3...........74...........Uruguay.......1 - 1 ( 2 - 2 )........Canada.........53
    4...........56...........Canada................... ................Thailand........94

So Canada has 3 match points, and 7.5 game points.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-26-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Default Artiom - Bd. 3 - Rd. 4 - Open Section

Artiom has sacked the exchange and is now down the exchange + P, but has an attack on the opponent's K.

Bob

Default Liza - Bd. 4 - Rd. 4 - Women's Section

Liza has been working to develop a K-side attack. But there are some difficulties:

1. Her opponent has a monster N planted in the centre;
    2. because of the N, she can't develop her c1 B, and so is without it trying to attack;
    3. because the c1B is stuck, so is her a1R, which she'd like to get out to join a possible attack.

I'm not sure what the position evaluation is at the moment.

Bob

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast