Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: World Chess Olympiad - Canadian Results

Default World Chess Olympiad - Canadian Results

The Olympiad in Russia runs from Sept. 21 ( Rd. 1 ) to Oct. 3 ( Rd. 11 ).

Here is how Canada is doing:

Open Section

............Initial............................... .....................................Initial
    Rd.......Ranking ........Country..........Score .........Country..........Ranking

1...........53.......... Canada........2 – 0 ( 4 - 0 ).....Mozambique.....127
    2...........33......... Uzbekistan.. ..2 - 0 ( 2.5 - 1.5 )...Canada... .....53

Women’s Section

1...........56...........Canada........2 - 0 ( 3.5 - .5 )...Uganda.........113
    2...........56...........Canada.........0 - 2 (1.5 - 2.5 )..Kazakhstan,,,,.37

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-22-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    1...........53.......... Canada........1 – 0 ( 3.5 -.5 )..Mozambique.....127
    It should be 2-0 (4-0) - all players won, no draw and a match win gives 2 points, a draw - 1.

The third round with Uruguay (URU). For girls - Albania.

Hi Egis:

Thanks. I think they changed the Roussel-Roozmon result - the game score was initially posted wrong. I forgot. And I'll remember about the football scoring in future - thanks for the reminder. It's soooooooooo hard not to err !!

I'll go back and edit my original post to make the corrections.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 09-22-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Default Rd. 3 Pairings

World Chess Olympiad - Canadian Rd. 3 Pairings

The Olympiad in Russia runs from Sept. 21 ( Rd. 1 ) to Oct. 3 ( Rd. 11 ).

Here is Canada's record/pairings:

Open Section

............Initial............................... .....................................Initial
    Rd.......Ranking ........Country..........Score .........Country..........Ranking

1...........53.......... Canada........2 – 0 ( 4 - 0 ).....Mozambique.....127
    2...........33......... Uzbekistan.. ..2 - 0 ( 2.5 - 1.5 )...Canada... .....53
    3...........74...........Uruguay.................. ................Canada.........53

Women’s Section

1...........56...........Canada........2 - 0 ( 3.5 - .5 )...Uganda.........113
    2...........56...........Canada.........0 - 2 (1.5 - 2.5 )..Kazakhstan,,,,.37
    3...........67...........Albania.................. ................Canada..........56

Rd. 3 is today, and broadcasting starts @ 5:00 AM EDT. The official website for live games is : http://ugra-chess.com/results.php

Bob

Default Open Section - Rd. 3 - Bd. 3 - Gerzhoy

They're playing a favourite line of mine - King's Indian Samisch. Gerzhoy plays a different line than I do - hmmmmmmmm wonder if that's why he's an IM and I'm...........

Bob

Leonid's game is now into a Benoni Benko Gambit kind of position, because of his 11....b5 - down a P but very active.

Bob

Default Women's Section - Rd. 3 - Bd. 2 - Kagramanov, Dina

Dina has gone up a P in the late middle game.

Bob

Default Open Section - Rd. 3 - Bd. 1 - Blluvshtein

Mark just sacked his B for 2 P's, and has a passed P in the centre. His position seems good to me, despite being down material now ( but like what do I know ).

Bob

Default Women's Section - Rd. 3 - Bd. 1 - Yuan

Yuanling is up 2 P's, but her opponent has a passed P on the 6th rank.

Bob

Default Yuanling

Yuanling has now won her opponent's passed P on the 6th rank, remains up 2 P's, and has 2 passed P's of her own. It it looking quite good to me.

Bob

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast