Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1994-95 Governors' Letters

I've scanned (and sent out to the one "subscriber") 1995-96 GL1, a long one but apparently the only one I have from that year. I could still send to you, the above, or 93-94 complete, or 94-95 complete. jberry@islandnet.com.

Is there any call for PDF versions of old (1980s and 1990s) CFC Handbooks? No promises.
    JMS+ 1 p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Berry
    I've scanned (and sent out to the one "subscriber") 1995-96 GL1, a long one but apparently the only one I have from that year. I could still send to you, the above, or 93-94 complete, or 94-95 complete. jberry@islandnet.com.

Is there any call for PDF versions of old (1980s and 1990s) CFC Handbooks? No promises.
    Well, I wouldn't mind a copy of the ones you recently scanned (I really don't think the stuff from the 80s could be useful, but then again, I have NO idea what the CFC has archived ...)

I think this issue of archiving records and the like, has not been answered... I don't know if Gerry reads these threads, but it would be nice if he could indicate what is "around".

I also do not know where the CFC's "server" (assume singular?) is located, but I would assume it is some sort of web server service 'somewhere out there'. One also presumes Gerry has a rigorous backup regime etc. but again, I am short on detail.

Backup is usually something one thinks of *after* a catastrophic loss...
    and my somewhat famous quip at a talk I gave years ago at a conference: "A lot of people take backup, but don't actually have backup..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Berry
    1995-96 GL1
    "In order to move forward in our chess promotions we have to develop a long-term, comprehensive plan that includes addressing our communication and public relations needs. As an example, I believe the Publicity Coordinator should coordinate national press releases (as does the USCF) on CFC letterhead for any significant chess event."
    Do we have a 15-years period for same ideas?

Interesting that only after 15 years has CFC taken Berry's advice. Though the Public Relations Coordinator position is currently vacant, I am doing some preliminary work on public relations and press releases as a governor volunteer.

See the CFC Chess News Forum for the 4 Press Releases the CFC has put out since August.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12