Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active Board Governors - This Past Week ( Sept. 2 - 9 )

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft
    i have not hidden my believe that the CFC public forums are unnneccesary.
    Ken, where could I post a message saying the one of the bookstores in Toronto has Fischer's 60 games for 10$? (at that moment there were 4 pcs., the newest edition. There were more chess discounted books as well) Larry probably will ban me forever Here, Chris might be more tolerant, but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft
    Kerry: I don't see the point of Bob giving weekly updates on Governor activity.
    Gordon is correct in that Chesstalk is more popular than the CFC forums. i have not hidden my believe that the CFC public forums are unnneccesary.
    Thanks for the clarifications Ken.

Since I am no longer a governor, I am afraid I do not care whether he posts the info or not, but I can see some Governors may feel slighted by the posts where their name is conspicuously absent - especially since it is a binary score without regard to any other circumstances that may have led to the absence (vacation, illness, business commitments, family emergency etc)

I am not sure posting the information will really encourage any more participation... I guess we will see.

I too wonder about the value of the CFC board (and sometimes I wonder about the value of CT -but for different reasons: trolls, off-topic, ad hominem attacks etc)

Perhaps the two boards need to exist for yin/yang balance... but that is inconvenient at times.

Default CFC Members' Chess Chat Forum - Being Used

Hi Ken:

I have no intention of weekly updates. But from time to time I think they serve a purpose of highlighting some of the more active governors ( in this one way ) and giving them a bit of credit for it.

And although I know you are not particularly favourable to the CFC members' Chess Chat Forum, a core group of governors and members do now use it, on CFC issues in particular. And I think it is legitimate to ask governors to come regularly to see what issues are being raised by other governors and members. We are not in a popularity race with the CMA board. Our board is being adequately used for our purposes, and the fact that it is not as used as ChessTalk, is not an argument that governors need not come here.

Bob

There is a thin line between encouraging Governors and bullying Governors.
    In essence, you are subtling pressure Governors to line up behind your point of view that the CFC public forums are necessary. I certainly do not want my visiting of this site to be seen as endorsing that position. As well, visiting the site should in no way be equated with being an active Governor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12