Thread: "NEW" Toronto Chess Club

Default "NEW" Toronto Chess Club

Brett Campbell has asked for word to spread. Read his original message below:

My friend Ted Winick (who ran the successful Ontario Open in May at 918 Bathurst Street near Bloor, central Toronto) is starting a Chess Club at the same location on Mondays from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. This is great news for Toronto, since it has been about 35 years since there has been a downtown club (back in the days of the Toronto YMCA at Yonge & College). The club starts next Monday, so lets let the whole chess community know about and celebrate this fantastic event!

Take a look at the attached files and please help promote it! This is a very important development for the chess community. It is a very short walk from the Bathurst subway, and the facilities are excellent!

The first day of the new club is Monday September 13th, 2010!
    Attached Files Attached Files

It seems the attachments are too large for ChessTalk. I will leave it to Chris to see that this post makes its way to that board.

Best if luck with the new chess club venture. If I was living anywhere near Toronto I would be there tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Anderson
    Best if luck with the new chess club venture. If I was living anywhere near Toronto I would be there tonight!
    Ian, I sent you a private message on this board.

John Cordes