A Principle for Posting CFC Issues on Chess Discussion Boards

I have had numerous discussions on the value of the 2 CFC discussion boards ( CFC Governors' Discussion Board; members' CFC Chess Forum ) over the years since they were revived, at my request, after having been mothballed for some time. And I have had debates on the duplicative nature of having 3 discussion boards ( the 3rd main one is the CMA ChessTalk ). So I have developed for myself, to rationalize my postings, a general principle I try to follow:

“ for CFC matters, post only on the members’ CFC Chess Forum, where possible “.

( this is based on the argument that CFC, as a national chess organization, should make available for its governors and members, a positive and constructive setting for governors/members to dialogue/debate with each other specific CFC policies, issues and administrative decisions; this does not negate the positive contribution of the CMA ChessTalk for general chess item discussions )

1. If it is an issue where the poster is not concerned about a lot of traffic seeing the post, and wants to encourage visits to the CFC members’ Board, do not duplicate the post on ChessTalk. Also, governor-posters should not duplicate it on the Governors’ Discussion Board, because most dialogue, even between governors, should be on the members’ board, where the members can join in. It is legitimate to invite viewers to come to the CFC board to discuss CFC matters.
2. Sometimes, if someone specifically wants more governors to know about the member’s post than usual, have a governor post a notice on the Governors’ Board, directing traffic to the members’ board thread. This is important because there are still some governors who attend the Governors’ Board, who do not regularly attend the members’ board.
3. If it is really important to reach the most CFC members possible, then post only on ChessTalk, since it is by far the more popular and high traffic board. Do not duplicate it on the members’ CFC Board. It seems unnecessary, since CFC members who attend the members’ board on a regular basis, also attend ChessTalk on a regular basis. So you usually get all active CFC’ers by posting on ChessTalk. But Governors are another matter. There are a number of governors who go to the governors’ board, who don’t go to ChessTalk ( for some it seems to be some kind of principled thing – it’s a CMA Board; it’s usually full of garbage, it’s often anti-CFC; there are lots of flame wars, etc. ) So it is helpful to have a governor post on the CFC Governors’ Discussion Board, a notice to go to ChessTalk to see an important thread there.
4. Where a governor does not want to go public on an issue right away for some reason, and wants the issue kept confidential initially, then it is legitimate for the governor to just post on the Governors’ Board, to use its confidentiality aspect.

I feel that this approach minimizes duplication, yet recognizes the legitimate roles of all three boards.

Any thoughts on the way I am now approaching this issue?

Bob