Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: World Youth Chess Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hansen
    Wow, I didn't know there was this #4 rule. In 2009, after I finished top 5 at WYCC in 2008, I was still denied skipping CYCC when I requested it because something came up. I was already top 10 for Adults overall in Canada and was the favourite at the CYCC but the CFC was very strict on "following procedures". If it goes by a case by case basis, hard to think of anyone else who would have been a stronger candidate than myself after that perf. I even played every CYCC since 2005. It ended up causing a lot of inconvenience...
    Anyone who have money can go to WYCC right now.

Blog Entries

The Youth Committee are working on regulatations that will be published in the CFC Handbook, and in place for 2011.

I'm sure that Michael Barron, Chairman of the Committee is open to listen to suggestions that are posted here are sent to him privately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim
    The Youth Committee are working on regulatations that will be published in the CFC Handbook, and in place for 2011.

I'm sure that Michael Barron, Chairman of the Committee is open to listen to suggestions that are posted here are sent to him privately.
    Yes, I am...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron
    Yes, I am...
    Is it public to outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron
    Yes, I am...
    How about this year's canada team for WYCC?
    Is it means except this year ? Is it fair?

Quote Originally Posted by jack qian
    How about this year's canada team for WYCC?
    Is it means except this year ? Is it fair?
    No, it means including this year.
    Yes, it is fair.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Default Victor Itkine, new member of the Youth Committee

Hello everybody,

I am posting for the first time at the forum.
    Just few personal thoughts about WYCC regulations to be improved:

1. I support the idea that the regulations should be transparent and open to the public;
    2. I am not sure, where the number "3" is coming from? As far as I know, there is no limits put by the WYCC organizers for the number of players from one country. Last year there were more than 10 players from Russia and Turkey (each) participating in some of the age groups. If so, why our National Federation should put such a limit? As more stronger players from Canada will participate at WYCC, as better for Canadian chess.
    If the player has possibility to participate using his own funds, why to stop him? I understand that some regulations still should be made by CFC, for example:
    a) to avoid poor players to participate, the minimum rating for each category should be set (for example, not less than 2200 for U16 open);
    b) all players willing to participate at WYCC should be obliged to play at CYCC, to be a CFC members and to pay the anual membership fees;
    c) may be something else.

It is especially important to bring more players from Canada to WYCC for the youngest categories: U8 and U10. This may help to significantly raise the level of chess in Canada at the nearest future.

There were some good ideas about sponsorships posted here recently. But we should not forget that the first sponsors for the young players could be their parents.

Thank you,

Victor Itkine.

Default agree

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkine
    Hello everybody,

I am posting for the first time at the forum.
    Just few personal thoughts about WYCC regulations to be improved:

1. I support the idea that the regulations should be transparent and open to the public;
    2. I am not sure, where the number "3" is coming from? As far as I know, there is no limits put by the WYCC organizers for the number of players from one country. Last year there were more than 10 players from Russia and Turkey (each) participating in some of the age groups. If so, why our National Federation should put such a limit? As more stronger players from Canada will participate at WYCC, as better for Canadian chess.
    If the player has possibility to participate using his own funds, why to stop him? I understand that some regulations still should be made by CFC, for example:
    a) to avoid poor players to participate, the minimum rating for each category should be set (for example, not less than 2200 for U16 open);
    b) all players willing to participate at WYCC should be obliged to play at CYCC, to be a CFC members and to pay the anual membership fees;
    c) may be something else.

It is especially important to bring more players from Canada to WYCC for the youngest categories: U8 and U10. This may help to significantly raise the level of chess in Canada at the nearest future.

There were some good ideas about sponsorships posted here recently. But we should not forget that the first sponsors for the young players could be their parents.

Thank you,

Victor Itkine.
    I agree that more players participate WYCC accorging to their performance rating. I think performance rating is more real(not their rating).Because some plays participate less tournament than others.So their rating is low.
    Otherwise all top 6 in U10,12,14 16 open section and top 3 in another section will be allowed to go WYCC.
    Last edited by jack qian; 08-29-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567