Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Past-Presidency

It would be interesting to hear from the current Executives how complicated their lives were without the Past-President on the board?

My personal opinion, that the CFC does not need the Past-President at all.

Blog Entries

Hey, if there is a way in the rules to simply not have a past president next year that would work too. I'm not sure that it is possible under the rules though.

Gordon, I responded to David Lavin's thread already listing my qualifications and accomplishments. The CFC was in bad shape when I took over as President, and after great efforts to make the then-current office arrangement work we went with a new face in the office. We also brought in an accountant on a temporary basis to get the finances organized again. You probably wouldn't believe some of the stories that came out of THAT, like twenty brand new saitek clocks found in the recycling pile, stale dated money orders to the CFC from years past, etc.

Anyway in my opinion the CFC was in slightly better shape when I left than when I started - of course, still in bad shape, but improving.

The real near-death experience for the CFC came after I left as President, when there was exactly zero communication, events were not being rated at all with the exception of certain high-profile ones, the new website/ratings system project that was about to begin was left to stagnate without even an email saying "nope not doing it anymore" etc etc. Of course that might have happened exactly the same way had I still been President, but it might not have either, so you can't attribute that to me. I would probably have tried to keep the CMA deal alive rather than trying to make one person do all of the office work that used to take two full-time people.

Default Qualifications

Chris:
    Many thanks for your post explaining how you evaluated your tenure as CFC president.
    I may not always agree but I do respect those with the gumption to communicate their views.
    Regards,
    Gordon

Blog Entries

I'm very good at not agreeing with people

I do recall being shocked the first time Ken Craft and I agreed on anything, in fact. I don't recall what it was anymore though.

Governor inactivity, I believe Chris.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123