All Blog Entries

1. Updated version 3.0 of the future of chess (links added)

by , 07-14-2015 at 11:29 AM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    I once predicted on the chesstalk message board that chess in its present form - with its basic rules as they have been for several centuries - will be mostly how it's played, competitively at least, for 'only' about 100 more years (Canadian IM Jean Hebert was more optimistic, predicting it would be at least 500 years before that happened). That's even assuming no exceptionally epic events in the history of humanity occur before then (e.g. WWIII and/or large scale divine intervention, that may, ...

Updated 07-01-2017 at 08:50 PM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Chess issues
  2. Updated version 4.0 of humanity's future (needs, progress & reform; links added)

by , 07-07-2015 at 03:02 AM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    Here's a Q & A monologue on some of my layman's ideas on humanity's future:

Q: Many hope technology will give mankind a better future. Do you see needs or ideas for blockbuster inventions which could positively affect humanity's future in a very significant way, & that may be created anytime soon?

A: First, 2 links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow...archy_of_needs

An ...

Updated 02-09-2017 at 03:55 PM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Nothing to do with chess
  3. Riddles for kids

by , 07-06-2015 at 12:01 AM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    Here are five original riddles of mine (afaik):

Riddle #1 of 5:
    Q: What kind of cat meows in gratitude?
    A: Manx.

Riddle #2 of 5:
    Q: What do Canadians do in a tavern?
    A: Exchange beaver tales.

Riddle #3 of 5:
    Q: Where does a comedian get his jokes from?
    A: His funny bone.

Riddle #4 of 5:
    Q: What do you get if you cross The Lone Ranger with Peanuts?
    A: A Charlie Horse.

Updated 05-07-2016 at 04:36 AM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Nothing to do with chess
  4. Example solitaire dice Sac Chess game (Sac Chess is a 10x10 chess variant of mine)

by , 07-03-2015 at 11:01 PM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    Further below is score of a solitaire dice Sac Chess game. Play took 3 hrs. Used the CFC Discussion Board's message preview capability for blogs. Repeatedly previewing a message that might not be posted, with changes to a message before previews, can be used in the CFC Discussion Board's Forums (or Chesstalk Forums) too. Links below aren't needed to follow game.

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/en...-(Part-1-of-2)

Updated 06-17-2017 at 05:29 PM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Chess variants
  5. Solitaire dice chess/(chess variants)/(board games of skill)

by , 07-01-2015 at 02:09 PM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    Here's a solitaire chess variant I came up with, if no one else has thought of it. It's to play a normally 2-sided game of chess (or chess variant, or possibly another board game of skill) against yourself, and you (as White or Black for the whole game) select 'your side's' moves normally on 'your turn'.

For the other side's turns, select six moves which you think are among its best moves. Assign each move (in writing or by memory) a number from 1 to 6, then roll a widely available ...

Updated 08-03-2016 at 05:43 PM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Chess variants
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast