All Blog Entries

1. Final round of KW Fall Fast Regular

We played the final round of this event tonight. I was playing on first board against the highest rated player, Jude Aniunoh.

I really need to work on my openings a bit more, he played a French Defence... I know the basic concepts but my knights ended up with awkward positioning and my King ended up trapped on f1 unable to join in, blocked by my own knights and pawns plus his knight on c2.

I'll have to go over the game more tomorrow, I put up a heck of a defence and really ...
    Categories
    Chess and me!
  2. Today's Puzzle

White to move, Mate in 2.

I'm trying to do some simpler ones recently rather than the big Mate in 4s which are fun but difficult sometimes.
    Categories
    Puzzles
  3. Online tournament details

This is just my opinion of course, but we've had a number of events lately where it's been difficult/impossible to get information online about the results at the end of each day, for example.

Right now there's a major event going on and we don't even know who's playing in it.

Is this just a made-in-Canada problem or does this happen elsewhere as well?
    Categories
    Chess and me!
  4. Today's Puzzle

White to move, Mate in 2.
    Categories
    Puzzles
  5. I'm back! And today's puzzle.

I'm back from an impromptu mini-vacation, sorry for anyone who missed my puzzles (probably not many just yet!)...

White to move, Mate in 4.

In other news, the last round of my un-retirement event is on Tuesday and I get to play the top-rated player in the event! Should be a good experience no matter what the result ends up being.
    Categories
    Puzzles , Chess and me!
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast