Chess variants

Discussion of chess variants

1. Super4*Chess (four dimensional chess)

by , 01-03-2016 at 01:32 AM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    Here's a 4D game Super4*Chess - can be played as if on a 2D plane. A 16x16 board with appropriate spacing could be used even on a coffee table; it'd be about size of Scrabble board (15x15 for that). The following is start position for the 16 4x4 mini-boards game is played on:

Code:
    Col =a= and file Col =b= and file Col =c= and file Col =d= and file Row and rank
     aa  ab  ac  ad   ba  bb  bc  bd   ca  cb  cc  cd   da  db  dc  dd  Rr

[X] [B] [B] [R]  [T]

Updated 11-26-2016 at 05:09 AM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Chess variants
  2. Example solitaire dice Sac Chess game (Sac Chess is a 10x10 chess variant of mine)

by , 07-03-2015 at 11:01 PM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    Further below is score of a solitaire dice Sac Chess game. Play took 3 hrs. Used the CFC Discussion Board's message preview capability for blogs. Repeatedly previewing a message that might not be posted, with changes to a message before previews, can be used in the CFC Discussion Board's Forums (or Chesstalk Forums) too. Links below aren't needed to follow game.

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/en...-(Part-1-of-2)

Updated 06-17-2017 at 05:29 PM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Chess variants
  3. Solitaire dice chess/(chess variants)/(board games of skill)

by , 07-01-2015 at 02:09 PM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    Here's a solitaire chess variant I came up with, if no one else has thought of it. It's to play a normally 2-sided game of chess (or chess variant, or possibly another board game of skill) against yourself, and you (as White or Black for the whole game) select 'your side's' moves normally on 'your turn'.

For the other side's turns, select six moves which you think are among its best moves. Assign each move (in writing or by memory) a number from 1 to 6, then roll a widely available ...

Updated 08-03-2016 at 05:43 PM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Chess variants
  4. Playing chess variants online (by email/internet using a 'low tech' method)

by , 06-29-2015 at 12:57 AM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    I thought I'd discuss a possibly untried 'low tech' method for playing chess variants (even untried/obscure ones) by email/internet (i.e. with no physical board or pieces needed), in case anyone hasn't thought of it already. It came to me when I tried to make primitive chess variant diagrams for a test email message, thus first confirming to myself that single letters do not automatically align nicely the way I'd like using any old Font. Naturally using a server, app or computer playing program ...

Updated 08-03-2016 at 05:44 PM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Chess variants
  5. Updated version 2.0 of four dimensional crazyhouse/bughouse chess variants

by , 05-20-2015 at 08:22 PM (Games, analysis and discussion)
    The following is based on a four dimensional chess variant of mine (a link devoted to it is provided much further below, as are links for some other games mentioned):

Here's an idea for four dimensional crazyhouse and bughouse chess variants that can be played as if on a two dimensional plane (a 16x16 board, with appropriate spacing, could be used for 4D crazyhouse even on a coffee table; it would be about the size of a Scrabble board [15x15 in that case] - using a computer program ...

Updated 08-03-2016 at 05:45 PM by Kevin Pacey

Categories
    Chess variants
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast