Chess and me!

Stuff about me relating to chess.

1. Final round game

For the first time I ran into some time trouble and while I was worse in the ending perhaps with more time (or if I was more comfortable playing fast) I may have held the game.

My performance rating for the event was 1865 which was not quite as high as I wanted to see (I want to be seeing 1900+ performances). However according to the ratings calculator it should be enough to bump me over 1800, which is one step closer to my short-term goal of being a Class-A player by my next birthday. ...
    Categories
    Chess and me!
  2. Final round of KW Fall Fast Regular

We played the final round of this event tonight. I was playing on first board against the highest rated player, Jude Aniunoh.

I really need to work on my openings a bit more, he played a French Defence... I know the basic concepts but my knights ended up with awkward positioning and my King ended up trapped on f1 unable to join in, blocked by my own knights and pawns plus his knight on c2.

I'll have to go over the game more tomorrow, I put up a heck of a defence and really ...
    Categories
    Chess and me!
  3. Online tournament details

This is just my opinion of course, but we've had a number of events lately where it's been difficult/impossible to get information online about the results at the end of each day, for example.

Right now there's a major event going on and we don't even know who's playing in it.

Is this just a made-in-Canada problem or does this happen elsewhere as well?
    Categories
    Chess and me!
  4. I'm back! And today's puzzle.

I'm back from an impromptu mini-vacation, sorry for anyone who missed my puzzles (probably not many just yet!)...

White to move, Mate in 4.

In other news, the last round of my un-retirement event is on Tuesday and I get to play the top-rated player in the event! Should be a good experience no matter what the result ends up being.
    Categories
    Chess and me! , Puzzles
  5. Full 3rd game.

Here's the full 3rd game I played:
    [Event "KW September Fast Regular"][Site "KW Chess Club"]
    [Date "2014.09.30"]
    [Round "4"]
    [White "Gareau, Don"]
    [Black "Mallon, Christopher"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [WhiteElo "1738"]
    [BlackElo "1767"]
    [Annotator "C. Mallon"]
    [PlyCount "82"]

1. Nf3 Nf6 2. g3 e6 3. d3 b6 4. e4 Bb7 5. ...
    Categories
    Chess and me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast