PDA

View Full Version : What Benefits Do I Get as a Member of the CFC?

Bob Armstrong
09-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Posted by Bob Gillanders on Sept. 21 on ChessTalk - I thought it needed to be repeated here as well, since it is such a good write-up:

What benefits do I get as a member of the C.F.C.?:)

When you become a member of the CFC, you join a fraternity of chess players, enthusiasts, teachers, and organizers from across Canada devoted to promoting chess. The CFC represents Canada to the world as a member of FIDE, the international chess body. The CFC sends teams to the Chess Olympiad, World Youth Chess Championship, and other major international events. The CFC holds national championships (including the Canadian Open, Canadian Youth Chess Championship, Canadian Closed, Canadian Women’s Championship) to showcase Canadian talent. The CFC website keeps players informed on what happening including tournament listings, tournament reports and news items, listings of local chess clubs, and so much more. Your membership dues support all these activities to help ensure chess prospers in Canada. As a member, you are welcomed at CFC events across Canada, including national tournaments, weekend swiss’s, and local club tournaments.

Other benefits of membership include:

A national CFC chess rating,
Subscription to Chess Canada online magazine (watch website for 1st issue),
And discount prices at the CFC online store.